FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Playback Problems PIONEER DVR-110D

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chasdog
DVD Playback Problems PIONEER DVR-110D
on Mar 1, 2007 at 11:22:52 pm

I'm having a problem playing back dvds on my DVR-110D. It will play but it seems to be "dragging". Audio is slurred (for lack of geekier term) and video playback appears slowed. I have used several playback methods - Windows Media Player 9, Nero ShowTime 3, WinAmp 5.33, VLC Media Player. All show the same problem.

The burner creates cds and dvds like a champ but if I want to watch avi, mpg, or commerical dvds - well forget it. It also "seems" to move files off dvd to harddrive slower than I feel it should. I can use DVDShrink or DVD Decrypter to make backup dvds and they view fine on other machines and set tops. Media itself is not an issue. I've used different media and, as I have mentioned, commerical dvds play "funky" also.

Here's the system .......................

ASUS P5WD2 3.6 GHz. PIV
2 gigs of ram
PNY FX540 PCIx16 video card (nVidia Quadro FX 128mb DDR SRAM)
Pioneer DVR-110D (hooked up with an 80 wire cable)
Firmware Vers. 1.17 (i have 1.41 but haven't loaded it)
Windows XP Pro 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2 DirectX 9.0c

I'd love to get this burner back to 100% - I don't recall having this problem when I first installed it. I don't watch alot of commerical dvds on my 'puter BUT I do watch alot of anime fan subs. Friends bring me new stuff and I have to copy to the harddrive to watch - a pain at times.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY AND ALL HELP.

Charlie P. - AnimeMountain / Bend,Oregon USA Planet Earth

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: DVD Playback Problems PIONEER DVR-110D
on Jan 15, 2008 at 6:39:37 pm

I never read this section of the forums... but Pioneers are horrible readers (great burners)
get a second drive for reading discs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]