FORUMS: list search recent posts

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe and RAID0 problem

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe and RAID0 problem
by
on Feb 23, 2007 at 2:06:34 am

I have tried every combination I can think of and followed the Mobo user guide as best I could. Still, when I create a RAID0 in the Intel Matrix with an additional boot drive in SATA1 the system will not boot to WinXP. It gets as far as the login screen and automatically reboots. I have tried talking with ASUS and they act as if I am an idiot. I have always had good service from ASUS tech support but this time around they are downright testy with me.
Anyway, so far, the only way I can get my system to boot is to set the BIOS to standard IDE. If I set it to RAID it will not boot, either asking me to reboot and select proper boot device or rebooting on its own.
There is also a brief display saying that say "Detect Drives Done--No any drives detected" {sic} that appears during post whether the drives are listed in the BIOS or not, and even when system boots in standard IDE.
I have tried the EZ-RAID connetors with similar results.
I would really appreciate some direction at this point. Be happy to give you more info. But this should get the discussion going. Thanks.
Gary

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: ASUS P5W DH Deluxe and RAID0 problem
on Feb 27, 2007 at 1:34:06 am

sounds like a setting in BIOS. go through ALL the settings and make sure they are correct.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]