FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I get rid of my Matrox RT.X 100 xtreme

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
niskanem
How do I get rid of my Matrox RT.X 100 xtreme
on Feb 14, 2007 at 11:34:36 pm

I got a Matrox RT.X 100 Xtreme from a guy I worked with about 2 years ago. I have never used it nor do I know anything about it. All I have is the hardware (Card, Cable). Anyone:
Have any idea how to get rid of it?
What it is worth?
Want to buy it?

Return to posts index

marc42
Re: How do I get rid of my Matrox RT.X 100 xtreme
on Apr 13, 2007 at 11:52:20 pm

I sold one on E-Bay last summer for about $500.

However, it is worthless without access to the software and drivers. It is essentially "free", but you need to be a registered Matrox owner. That's assuming they still offer it. Also, there are different versions based on what version of Premiere you are running. And it's a 240MB download.

And, of course, you need Premiere 6.0 or above.

The guy I sold it to had Premiere 6.0. I threw in an upgrade to Pro 1.0, and downloaded the drivers for both versions.

So anyways, as a piece of hardware in a box without the support I offered, I doubt you could pull as much as I did. Also, Matrox has come out with an SD version of the RT-X2 for about $850 including a full version of Premiere Pro. At the time I sold it, Matrox was supposed to be dropping the RTX100 entirely, and the RT-X2 was $2000.

Return to posts index

niskanem
on Apr 14, 2007 at 12:55:57 pm

Thanks for the info. I attempted to register the card so I could download the software/drivers but it kept telling me it was an invalid sn... I guess I'll try again. I figured it would be worth a couple hundred "as is" but i'd like to ensure it is working before I sell it to some one.

Return to posts index

John Q
on Apr 15, 2007 at 4:48:29 am

Go to the Matrox forums http://www.matrox.com/video/support/rtx100xtremepro/forum/home.cfm and tell them. If the previous owner has registered that s/n, then you can't register it under your name without having them remove his registration first.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]