FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Premiere 6.5(Not Responding)

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron02
Adobe Premiere 6.5(Not Responding)
on Feb 13, 2007 at 2:23:29 am

My Adobe Premiere 6.5 is going very slowly. It takes like 20 secs(if not more) to do one action. Also, about every 5 minutes it says that it is Not Responding and it has to close. Does anyone know something that could help me?

Return to posts index

12quidkidinnit
Re: Adobe Premiere 6.5(Not Responding)
on Feb 14, 2007 at 12:36:25 am

Aaron02: Does anyone know something that could help me?

Was it working alright before now ? I've not used 6.5. I tried 6.0 briefly but I normally use Premiere Pro 1.5 so I hated it. Premiere Pro has done this a few times and reinstalling it cured the problem. Have you had a look on the Adobe website for any info ? I don't know if they still have support for 6.5 but it might be worth a look.
A friend of mine who does use 6.5 once told me that corrupted DLLs can cause Premiere to malfunction, but I don't know how to check for this or remedy it.
One thing that could work (if you're running windows xp) is to try a system restore. If it sorts the problem, great, if it doesn't, undo the restoration.

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: Adobe Premiere 6.5(Not Responding)
on Mar 3, 2007 at 12:08:31 am

do yourself a favor. Find an upgraade to PPro 1.5 (NOT 2.0) ebay maybe a good place.
6.x version is much slower for a lot of stuff.. not saying that is your problem... i am sure a reinstall would fix your problem but 1.5 is day and night better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]