FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dual Graphic Cards...

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary
Dual Graphic Cards...
by
on Feb 12, 2007 at 1:01:22 pm

I am building a new system and would like your opinion. I have an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Mobo with an Intel Core 2 CPU. Now I am wondering if dual graphic cards will serve any real or practical use. Just need a little input here.
This ASUS Mobo has two PCIe slots and supports two graphic cards. It is also interesting that both the new monitor and the new graphics card have two ports (DVI and VGA). So this card (NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS 512MB DDR2) will support two monitors by itself, albeit one DVI and the other VGA.
But my question is raised because all the supporting info that is included with the Mobo and the graphics card make reference to running two graphics cards.
I appreciate any thoughts,
Gary

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: Dual Graphic Cards...
on Feb 14, 2007 at 2:16:25 am

If you were running a modern high action video game and wanted to use two screens.. then use both slots.
for video editors 1 card using it's dual capabilities is fine.

Return to posts index

Bruce Argue
on Apr 18, 2007 at 7:08:40 am

I have a feeling that answers my question too, but confirmation would be appreciated as I'm a bit bewildered by all this new technology.

I have just had delivery of a 2nd hand system comprising:

E6600
MSI 975X
2gb RAM
Tsunami case
Hiper HPU-3S350
card reader
2 x DVD drives. The seller didn't mention that it had an ATI x1300 too, so meanwhile I bought an X1900 XPX (plus a pair of 500gb disks to RAID 0).

Is the X1300 redundant now? Should I sell it or try to run two cards? If I do run two cards, would this need a bigger PSU?

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Dual video cards
on Apr 19, 2007 at 4:49:24 pm

There is really no reason to run 2 video cards unless you want to run SLI or 4 monitors with non quadro nvs setup. The card you have should handle dual monitors ok. Havent seen a 7600 yet not do dual monitors unlike the 7300 series. You should be fine with 1 card.

Return to posts index

EricBowen
X1300
on Apr 19, 2007 at 4:51:41 pm

The X1300 is really no use to you now unless you want an extra monitor or svideo output.

Return to posts index

Bruce Argue
on Apr 19, 2007 at 10:00:16 pm

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]