FORUMS: list search recent posts

Storm S-video in connection - which socket???

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RichOne
Storm S-video in connection - which socket???
on Feb 8, 2007 at 4:05:05 pm

Hi - I wonder if any of you can help with my Storm 1 card. Works fine for DV but I want to capture some older material from an S-video analogue source. I have no breakout panel on the front of my PC, just the connectors on the Storm card. The Storm has just one S-video socket and this works fine to get a video signal [i]out [/i]to my monitor. But [b]how do I get S-video [i]into [/i]the Storm card? [/b]Can it possibly be the same socket? I've tried this and the software capture program Storm Video is configured to take s-video in (through "IN1"). The card appears to capture, but there is no picture on the PC screen and just blackness in the captured file. Audio is captured into the file OK. Any ideas? The S-video cable is fine. It's as though the S-video source is plugged into the wrong Storm socket, but there is no other. To be honest, I'm not totally sure I have [i]ever[/i] captured S-video analogue - I think I have... I [i]am [/i]sure I have captured composite. There must be documentation for this, but I can't find it on line or in my documentation draw. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Return to posts index

RichOne
The way ahead...
on Feb 8, 2007 at 5:55:16 pm

Isn't it always the way? You spend a couple of weeks getting round to something you know will cause grief. You spend most of a day struggling to solve the inevitable problems. Then you give up for a while and consult forums for couple hours hoping for inspiration. Finally you give up and join a forum and plea for help, sit back for two minutes hoping for an instant reply. Frustration then sets in and you solve the problem for yourself.

The solution? The composite video-in socket (with that looks like an RCA plug in it) is in fact a combined composite and S-video in socket, and the plug I though was RCA is in fact an adaptor. A standard S-video plug fits into this socket just fine too. All works now... Until I submit this note the forum. Then it will all freeze, WinXP won't reboot, the monitor goes pop and I can't access [i]any[/i] forum for help - I know I have these pleasures just around the corner.

Thanks for you help though, guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]