HDV project timelines can be previewed on external monitors using Adobe tested and supported graphic cards. These graphic cards must have the ability to support a second monitor and must have DirectX overlay support. Adobe has tested compatability of dual output graphic cards with component HD, S-video and composite outputs. Adobe has recommended the following NVIDIA Quadro FX Professional Graphic Board for use with Premiere Pro and HDV plug-in:
NVIDIA Quadro FX 560 by PNY Professional Video Edition (PCI Express, 128mb, dual head)
Settings for the external monitor setup are as follows:
NVIDIA Quadro FX 560 driver setup
1. In Windows Display Properties Click on the "Setings" Tab
2. Select the second monitor in the "Display" drop down menu
3. Be sure that the check box "Extend My Windows Desktop onto This Monitor" is CHECKED
4. Click on the "Advanced" button to view the NVIDIA Card
5. Click on the Tab with the NVIDIA Logo and the model name/number of the card.
6. In the side menu that pops out select "Full Screen Video"
7. In the "Full Screen Device" drop down menu, select "Auto-Select"
8. Apply the settings