FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Liquid dual monitors

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Upper Edge
Avid Liquid dual monitors
on Feb 1, 2007 at 9:13:04 am

Looking for help setting up Avid Liquid for dual monitors. Both monitors work fine with Windows XP. Liquid only displays on one though. How do I set it up to use both? I don't need the timeline across both screens, I want to use one as a preview monitor. Any suggestions?
Mike

Return to posts index

Upper Edge
Re: Avid Liquid dual monitors
on Feb 2, 2007 at 10:12:13 am

Ok, so I played around a little and figured it out. I thought I would post what I did in case anyone is having the same problem. To use the second monitor for a full screen preview of the timline with Avid Liquid. Right-click the Windows Desktop > Properties > Settings, and disable for the secondary monitor the function named "Extend my windows desktop onto this monitor", start Liquid, go Edit > Control Panel > Site > System Settings > Inputs/Outputs > Video Outputs > VGA Second Head and then select: Output Resolution = Use Monitor Setup; Refresh-Rate = Custom.
(These Liquid settings appear only after the graphics adapter was set to display separate desktops). Finally, in Avid Liquid: Click the Monitor icon on the task bar at the bottom right and select Liquid > VGA Second Head. If this option was already selected, deactivate and then reactivate it. This worked for me. I can now see the timeline preview fullscreen on the second monitor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]