FORUMS: list search recent posts

New computer for video editing

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
quicksilver8907
New computer for video editing
on Feb 1, 2007 at 6:22:02 am

I am currently a senior in high school and want to pursue my video editing career by going to CSU Monterey and major in teledramatic arts. I am currently running adobe premiere elements 2.0 on my laptop, which is an athlon 64 3000+ with 512mb of ram. I was thinking about getting a desktop. I am not very good at building computers so I dont want to take that risk. I was looking at the dell e521 with an amd 64 x2 5000 processor. The one thing that I was unsure of was whether or not that processor will run Premiere Pro if I upgrade to that. Any ideas on any computer for me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Tyler

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: New computer for video editing
on Feb 1, 2007 at 4:43:45 pm

that computer should be ok if you are just running the premiere software and no hardware. i believe that computer has a built on video card which makes putting a capture card inside the computer difficult.

check out our system recommendations on our web site at http://www.videoguys.com/system.htm and our DIY articles at http://www.videoguys.com/DIY.html.

- Jon

Return to posts index

quicksilver8907
on Feb 1, 2007 at 11:56:44 pm

So should I build one or just buy one that is already built. Keep in mind that I have never built a computer before? If i should buy one where should I get it at? Also, I read somewhere that the Athlon 64 x2 usually come with motherboards that are am2, and that am2 are not compatible with Premiere pro 2.0, is that true or can the am2 sockets still run premiere? Thanks

Return to posts index

jackfalbey
on Feb 3, 2007 at 3:53:45 am

Do a lot of research before building or buying your NLE system. This website has a lot of valuable advice on system building. Also, go to Adobe.com and review their system requirements and compatibility tests just to be sure. Check out Dell's Small Business website... they usually have great deals on Precision Workstations and the 390 can be configured for just a little more than an E521.

Return to posts index

strait
on Feb 14, 2007 at 10:22:25 am

I think it would be Intel 2 Core Duo with 1Gb RAM Memory.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]