FORUMS: list search recent posts

Paid Videography is HORRIBLE!!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
babyGirl
on Jan 26, 2007 at 5:45:21 pm

I am at a loss and completely and utterly upset with the product of a videographer who is now paid in full. He went against all my wishes even though I had expressed to him many times EXACTLY what I wanted. He went and did what he wanted and now I am down $$ and I have a DVD of memories mixed with absolute crap.

Never the less, I am upset but do not wish to deal with him any longer. I would like to take what he's given me, strip only the live footage he shot and create my own video. I'd also like to include a powerpoint presentation with audio that I had created for that special occassion into this video that I'd like to create.

What I'd like to know is this: can I create my own video using the crap he gave me (on DVD, mixture of live footage and completely awful animation and text), what is the best software to purchase, and can I include my powerpoint presentation into this new video?

I've been upset and preoccupied by my anger since watching this last night, I'm hoping that someone can help me out.

Any suggestions/comments would greatly be appreciated. (And no, there was no contract signed for the video as it was a friend of a friend of a friend who did it on the side...)

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

jmkraft
on Jan 28, 2007 at 3:05:42 am

How long is the video?
What editing software do you have?
Have you asked him to redo it to your liking?

I could help you out with this video - PM me if you need more info...

Return to posts index

babyGirl
Re: Paid Videography is HORRIBLE!!
on Jan 28, 2007 at 9:37:04 pm

1. The video is under an hour long, however, the live footage might only be 40 minutes long.
2. I haven't purchased an editing software yet because I'd like to find out first if this is at all possible before I go out and purchase one.
3. I really would rather not talk to him ever again because I had told him EXACTLY what I wanted, how I wanted it done on countless occasions prior to the actual event that he captured on video.

Thank you very much for your offer to help me out, however, I am a bit discouraged about handing this one over to anyone given what happened. I would like to do this on my own, at least I'll get the results I wanted. However, few pointers and suggestions would really be greatly appreciated...I am determined to do this myself.

Thanks jmkraft for the response!

Return to posts index

jmkraft
on Jan 29, 2007 at 2:00:20 am

It can be done, however, you will lose the video behind the animations/transitions that you don't like when you cut them out

I am assuming this is on DVD? If so, it will have to be converted to avi or mpeg before editing it in the editing application that you choose

Good editing software will cost a few $ and most have a steep learning curve (I use Premiere Pro 2)

You could try it with Windows MovieMaker (free download with XP) and see if you like the results

You can convert the .vob on the DVD to .avi or .mpeg using MPEG Streamclip (free download) from http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-win.html

As far as the PowerPoint presentation, just import the photos and music into the video editing program you use and make them part of the final movie

Return to posts index

babyGirl
Thank you
on Feb 28, 2007 at 2:19:41 am

I forgot to thank you very much for all your help. I guess we'll have to see what I come up with.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

salman
on May 4, 2007 at 10:37:01 am

Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Return to posts index

JARHEAD999
on May 8, 2007 at 7:51:52 am

Sorry to hear about that, well first it needs to be converted to avi/mpeg/mov, theres a great app called DVD to AVI, it does cost like $30 US but should do the trick.

JARHEAD999

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]