FORUMS: list search recent posts

FireStore 4HD

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seaking
FireStore 4HD
on Jan 19, 2007 at 2:34:52 pm

I've recently purchased one of these devices from the site, good price, quick delivery. I've been tooling around with the unit on my Panasonic DVC30 and having a bugger of a time figuring this thing out. I've had it working to the point where it can record/pause following the camera's input but when I tried to edit directly from it, there was no way to do any amount of preview that wouldn't drive you crazy with the slow/fast wow effect.. (exceedingly not smooth preview)..

What I am hoping to find is a forum or help group to get me started. The manual tells you what buttons to press to do this or that, but doesn't tell you what this or that is..

What I wish to accomplish is to be able to basically plug the unit to the DVC30, hit one button (ok or two) and record to the device. Then be able to connect the device to my PC via firewire and edit from the device as if it were just another hard drive holding my video file. Well that's what it's supposed to do, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I've got myself turned around so badly with the settings, I can't get it to record anymore. Gah. It's not busted, but convoluted in the menues.

What format do I want to record in if using Premier 6.5?

What isn't mentioned in any documentation online was that it's only capable of capturing 2G files, which means I have to import a whole buncha files to the bin?

So, hopefully someone has this all figured out who would be willing to help out a buddy.. eh?

Cheers! and thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]