FORUMS: list search recent posts

Current Mobo Thinking?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary
Current Mobo Thinking?
by
on Jan 12, 2007 at 6:41:47 pm

Ready to build a new system (Third one) and asking for a confirmation on my thinking based on VideoGuys recommendations.
I am looking at the ASUS P5WD2 Premium. Is there a difference if the board is called Deluxe?
I am not sure what CPU will get me bang for bucks. Core 2 takes a big jump in price. Would a high end P4 or Pentium D get the job done or am I defeating the Dual Channel feature?
How much memory should I go? Does DDR2 533 or 667 (two 1g sticks?) sound about right?
And I am liking the Aspire Navigator Case, but what do you think of the Cooler Master iTower 930? The Hot Swappable drive bays in the front intrigue me.

Hope you can respond to this and push me over the edge to make my purchase.

Thanks, Gary

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: Current Mobo Thinking?
on Jan 16, 2007 at 7:33:57 pm

Gary: Ready to build a new system (Third one) and asking for a confirmation on my thinking based on VideoGuys recommendations.
I am looking at the ASUS P5WD2 Premium. Is there a difference if the board is called Deluxe?
I am not sure what CPU will get me bang for bucks. Core 2 takes a big jump in price. Would a high end P4 or Pentium D get the job done or am I defeating the Dual Channel feature?
How much memory should I go? Does DDR2 533 or 667 (two 1g sticks?) sound about right?
And I am liking the Aspire Navigator Case, but what do you think of the Cooler Master iTower 930? The Hot Swappable drive bays in the front intrigue me.

Hope you can respond to this and push me over the edge to make my purchase.

Thanks, Gary

I think the RAID controller is different with the Deluxe, I could be wrong. whatever it is, its minor.

A dual core processor is the one to go with now. The Core 2 Duo is the best one to go with.

RAM sounds fine, go with the DDR2 667 because its faster and probably not much more expensive.

Case looks good.

- Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]