FORUMS: list search recent posts

ADVC110 or DVD Burner to Capture Old Analog?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
twist-throttle
ADVC110 or DVD Burner to Capture Old Analog?
on Jan 12, 2007 at 3:59:41 pm

I am wondering the preferred method, or pros & cons to either of these two methods to Capture Video from old Analog sources like VHS Tape or Hi8 Tape.

I am considering buying the ADVC 110 & just capture the old video directly into my PC... then use the captured video & edit it within my PC as I see fit.

But another option seems to have become available. Those new DVD burners that are meant for your home entertainment system, instead of inside your computer. Some of these have a built in VHS drive & you can burn a DVD of the VHS tape directly inside of the unit... or others of these have RCA & S-Video inputs & I could just plug my VCR & Analog Video Camera into the DVD burner & capture the old tapes directly onto DVD's.
With this method, on my PC I would then I would need to grab the video from the DVD & put it onto my PC's hard drive for video editing. I have heard that these Home DVD burners do a good job of dubbing the VHS tapes.

With the 2nd method, possibly this would cause an additional step to; 1st burn the DVD, then grab the video from the DVD... before I can do any editing of the video.
But a possible benefit would be that I could get all of my old tapes onto DVD's easily.

In addition to my own tapes, I am considering doing a bunch of tapes, over time, for a little extra cash flow from clients.

Thank you for your time

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]