FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATI and AVID XPress Pro

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
chustace
ATI and AVID XPress Pro
on Dec 20, 2006 at 12:32:04 am

Hey all:

I just bought The Avid XPress Pro with Mojo from the video guys! I love it so far. I have run into a conflict. I have an ATI X1900 video card and on start up of Xpress Pro, I have a "SERIOUS EXCEPTION: I must restart the program immediately". When I hit OK the program starts and runs fine. If I close it out and re-start, it does the same thing. I have figured out through my own investigation and a call to AVID, that the problem is most likely the ATI Video card. When I click on VIDEO DISPLAY button in settings, it comes up with a runtime error, this further tells me it's a video card issue. IS THERE ANYWAY around this other than getting a new video card? Any suggestions? Below is my system specs.

ASUS Crossfire Edition Motherboard
AMD X2 4800+
4 gigs ram
X1900XT video card 500mb ram
250 gig hard drive
500gig hard drive
1TB external hard drives

I figure I can just plug in a NVIDIA Card. The Crossfire edition MB would be useless for running two cards together, but I am not sure running two cards together is that much of a benefit. Smile

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Curtis

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: ATI and AVID XPress Pro
on Dec 20, 2006 at 3:18:14 am

xprss pro does much bette3r with an nvidia graphics card, especially a quadro card like the fx1500. that is out go to card for Xpress Pro w/ Mojo.

Before investing more, poke around the ati website and make sure you are running teh very latest drviers.

gary

Return to posts index

chustace
on Dec 20, 2006 at 1:42:02 pm

I Think I might be better off building a new box dedicated to editing. Can you give me specs for the IDEAL editing machine for Xpress Pro? Without going Xenon I mean. I would want to stay under 2k if possible (without monitors).

Thx.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Dec 20, 2006 at 4:19:48 pm

go with our DIY5 machine

http://www.videoguys.com/DIY5.html

put in a Quadro FX1500 graphics card.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved