FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Computer for Low-end editing

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bdupre
New Computer for Low-end editing
on Dec 12, 2006 at 9:40:31 pm

I'm in the market for a new computer that I want to do some low-end video editing and DVD burning on. Nothing fancy, just "home movie" kind of thing. I have a Pinnacle DV-500 that I don't really use because my current computer is way too old, but it's not necessary that I re-use it in a new computer. (but would be fine also) I don't want to build. I really want to know what I can get away with off the shelf and spend < $1,000. Thanks.

Return to posts index

artsci2
Re: New Computer for Low-end editing
on Jan 1, 2007 at 12:10:58 am

Assuming you have mini-DV cameras, anything new will do what you are asking as long as it has a firewire port. You wont even need your DV-500 box. However I have to reccomend against the pinnacle software based on my experience.

Starting with version 7 on a windows ME box pinnacle worked well enough. But when Win XP came out I could not run the software without some kind of bug coming up. Version 8 that came with my ATI all-in-wonder card didnt help nor did version 9. Version 9 was weirdest. After installing Pinnacle i could not open subfolders in the pinnacle studio / myprojects folder. If I tried then windows explorer would crash! this all occurred when not running pinnacle also. I removerd pinnacle and the problem stopped. i tried again when I got a new computer and had the same series of problems which was solved by removing pinnacle studio.

Return to posts index

paul joseph
hi
on Nov 30, 2008 at 9:34:20 pm

I same as you dude im not really into fancy editing i got Low budget on video editing you should check my site out [url=http://www.DigitalVideo101.com]http://www.DigitalVideo101.com maybe it can help you in some reason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]