FORUMS: list search recent posts

difference between Avid Xpress Pro and Avid Liquid ????

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
arash_f2001
difference between Avid Xpress Pro and Avid Liquid ????
on Dec 8, 2006 at 11:56:53 pm

Hello
1) I just wanted to ask that is there any difference between Avid Xpress Pro and Avid Liquid because I have learnt to work with Avid Liquid and I want to know if I can work with Avid Xpress Pro either or I have to learn that software exclusively?
2) What is the difference(s) between Avid Xpress Pro,Avid Xpress DV,Avid Xpress HD?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: difference between Avid Xpress Pro and Avid Liquid ????
on Dec 11, 2006 at 6:03:03 pm

Avid Liquid and Avid Express are totally different. Xpress pro is based ont he same interface and editing worlflow as the core Avid products. So if you use Avid Xpress pro, you are learning to edit ont he same tool most professional editors use. Xpress Pro has fantastic media management and it is the best "Pure: editior out there. When it comes to cutting, trimming and putting it all together, Avid is King.

Liquid is a prodcut that has a long twisting history. Originally designed by Fast, it was way ahead of its time. Pinnacle purchased the code, improved it and added features like integrated DVD authoring, real-time CPU & GPU effects and more. Avid purchased Pinnacler last year and with it came Liquid. I've always been a BIG fan of Liquid. It's got everyhting you need, in one app. DVD Authoring, special effects, titling, real-time, background rendering. For me it is the best value in video editing. Yes, the interface takes a little getting used to, but once you do, it is very intuitive.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]