FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help???

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
erica
Help???
on Nov 8, 2006 at 1:43:52 pm

I want to convert my dvd to mpeg. I guess this would be VOB to MPEG2 . Anyone know of a program that can make it without spending too much(no more than $50)? I have some programs (DVD Decrypter, Nero - version 6, FabGold, dvdshrink, DvdRemake Pro,PgDemux, Muxman, Sonic version 7.22, InterVideo Windvd (version2)but I can't see where you go to do this (if these in fact can do this conversion).

VOB files are already mpeg2 but sound is muxed, I need it to be straight mpeg2 where it isin't. In addtion:my system is winXP.

Apprecate any help anyone can give!!!!!!!

Return to posts index

Owen06
Re: Help???
on Nov 8, 2006 at 1:47:59 pm

May be you can do as follows:

1. copy DVD to hdd
2. Download and start DGIndex (http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec.html)
3. Open all the vobs which content you want through the File-Open Dialog (after the first windows there's come a second with add/del buttons)
4. Audio->Decode ac3 to wav
5. File-> Save Project and Demux Video
This should give you a wav file with the audio in it and a .m2v video file.
6. convert the audio e.g. using BeLight
7. mux audio and video

Return to posts index

erica
on Nov 8, 2006 at 2:11:54 pm

Thank you,I did as the steps you listed,while nothing happened.............

Return to posts index

sharesmile
on Nov 9, 2006 at 1:00:00 am

Copy dvd to your pc and make formats converting if needed before playing with a player

Return to posts index

erica
on Nov 9, 2006 at 1:11:17 am

Thank you for your kind hearted suggestions.i have referred to some related materials around my problems on the web and benefit a lot .here is a passage talked about the history of format -- Mpeg , i would like to enjoy it with friends here,
What we are presenting here is almost a sensation. Just imagine: With the help of a small tool it is possible to store the content of complete DVDs on a CD-ROM without any noticeable loss of quality. This makes buying an expensive DVD burner with limited memory capacity obsolete. On top of that: The nifty program can be downloaded from the Internet for free and is quite versatile

To copy a video with up to 9 GB from a DVD to a CD-ROM requires a lot of computing power and time. After all the data volume must be reduced to about a 12th of its original size to accommodate the 700 MB of limited storage capacity of the CD-ROM. A data compression of this magnitude for digital video is only possible with the new video compression standard MPEG-4.
Generally speaking MPEG-4 is an extension of the MPEG-2 technology, but MPEG-4 can be used more universally. If you want to convert other video file format into MPEG,here is a link http://www.sharewareguide.net/Audio-Multim...ters/index.html ,it provides so many converter tools which can solve your problem easily.

The history of MPEG goes back to the year 1987. MPEG stands for Motion Pictures Expert Group, a worldwide organization that develops manufacturer and platform independent standards for video compression. The first result was introduced as MPEG-1 in 1992. It was the basis for the less successful European Video-CD. Because of its limited resolution of 352 x 288 pixels, MPEG-1 is only suitable for the home environment, and the achievable video quality in relation to the data rate is rather low from today's point of view.

MPEG-2 was introduced in 1995 and is mainly based on MPEG-1. The higher resolution with a maximum of 720 x 576 pixels is a major improvement enabling a significantly better video quality. The newest format is called MPEG-4 and was released by the MPEG group only recently in December 1999.
A movie sequence from a DVD generally comes in MPEG-2 format. This part is from the movie blockbuster "Matrix" and played back on the Mediaplayer.

This is the same video sequence in MPEG-4 format. Differences in quality are hardly noticeable, even though the data volume is only about 1/11 the size of the original MPEG-2 video.
MPEG-4 comes with a few important improvements compared to the older and established video compression technologies like MPEG-1 and MPEG-2

Return to posts index

sharesmile
on Nov 9, 2006 at 1:47:47 am

I know a free programm, ImToo MPEG Encoder,can encode a VOB to any other format mpg, AVI , wmv, etc. Do you mind me asking WHY you are wanting to convert a DVD complient format back down to a MPEG? so you can Demux ? edit somehow? a lot of editing programs won't allow mpeg to be imported you'll have to go all the way back to .avi or .wmv for some

Return to posts index

erica
on Nov 9, 2006 at 1:47:59 am

I knew the format from my classmate,and I'd like to have a view of such formatted files.woule you plesed to tell me where can get the programm you referred above(I meant for free)

Return to posts index

Owen06
on Nov 9, 2006 at 1:57:58 am

erica: The history of MPEG goes back to the year 1987. MPEG stands for Motion Pictures Expert Group, a worldwide organization that develops manufacturer and platform independent standards for video compression.

Are you sure about that,what I want to express is that (MPEGMoving Picture Experts Group ) was established in 1988,while you said it from 1987?
In addition:
DVD->1 CD 'without any noticeable loss of quality' for normal MovieDVDs isn't possible with any videocodec as far as i know.

Return to posts index

sharesmile
on Nov 9, 2006 at 2:00:17 am

here is a free download path http://www.imtoo.com/mpeg-encoder.html Hope that would make sense

Return to posts index

erica
on Nov 9, 2006 at 2:09:47 am

i've checked it,it's 1987 indeed,anything wrong? Very Happy

Return to posts index

erica
on Nov 10, 2006 at 7:19:50 am

Hi,sharesmile.I have got it,but with trouble in using it.After the conversion is done, I found that the output file is in such a small resolution. All what I used are default settings. I should be able to adjust resolution. But I can not find such a resolution item on the right panel. Why? And what should I modify?

Return to posts index

sharesmile
on Nov 10, 2006 at 7:41:07 am

erica wrote:
Thank you,but im "advocator" of xilisoft,and I don't love the interface of Imtoo video converter.
Now,you do advocate anymore? Very Happy

You can find this item on the right. Different output format may have different default values. For some of them, the default one would be "Auto". You can select a value which has been offered in the drop-list or simply enter a proper number you want directly into.

Return to posts index

forkart
on Nov 12, 2006 at 10:26:31 am

erica: I want to convert my dvd to mpeg. I guess this would be VOB to MPEG2 . Anyone know of a program that can make it without spending too much(no more than $50)? I have some programs (DVD Decrypter, Nero - version 6, FabGold, dvdshrink, DvdRemake Pro,PgDemux, Muxman, Sonic version 7.22, InterVideo Windvd (version2)but I can't see where you go to do this (if these in fact can do this conversion).

VOB files are already mpeg2 but sound is muxed, I need it to be straight mpeg2 where it isin't. In addtion:my system is winXP.

Apprecate any help anyone can give!!!!!!!

You can use yasa dvd to mpeg converter to rip your dvd movie to mpeg. It works very well to me.
http://www.yasasoft.com/yasadvdtompeg/

Return to posts index

Owen06
on Nov 13, 2006 at 8:17:06 am

en,yasasoft is superb in performance while a failure on the profile to Imtoo software

Return to posts index

badboy
on Nov 14, 2006 at 7:20:23 am

Cool Have you ever tried [url=http://www.winavi.com/avi-to-dvd.htm]winavi which very popular?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]