FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mojo Problem / Avid DIO Runtime Error

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
danorst
Mojo Problem / Avid DIO Runtime Error
on Nov 8, 2006 at 6:47:53 am

I have Xpress Pro 5.6 on my system and I recently added a used mojo. I’m still unsure if it was shipped in working order. When connecting the mojo to power the power and 48 KHZ light go on. However when connecting the mojo by firweire it was not recognized like I thought it would be and the host light didn't turn on.
I decided to try and re-install my DIO Runtime. When uninstalling it I chose the repair option. This choice gave me an error that shutdown the uninstall. Leaving me with a partially uninstalled AvidDIORuntime.

When I try to uninstall from "Add Remove Programs" I get an error saying "Setup has determined that a different version of Avid DIO Runtime is already installed on your system. You must uninstall Avid DIO Runtime from the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel before continuing with this installation." and it shuts down the uninstall.

When I try and reinstall from the instillation disk I get the question "Setup has determined that a different version of DIO is already installed on this system. The installed version will get uninstalled and your current DIO installer will proceed. Yes - No" I choose yes and get the error "Another instance of this setup is already running. Please wait for the other instance to finish and then try again" I click OK and then get the same error that I got from add/remove programs: "Setup has determined that a different version of Avid DIO Runtime is already installed on your system. You must uninstall Avid DIO Runtime from the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel before continuing with this installation."
The system this is built on Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 w/ 2 GB of Crucial Ram and a Quadro FX 1500 running XP Pro. The firewire that the mojo is connected to is the part of the system Gigabyte mother board, it reads as "Texas Instruments OHCI" in device manager.
How can I work around this? When I try to remove from add/remove programs it tells me to go to add/remove programs to remove it, that's what I did.

Is there s a manual way to delete the runtime files so I can do a clean install and avoid this conflict, or is there is any other way around this?

I've tried to uninstall Avid in hopes to remove the faulty runtime and that didn't work. I've also tried doing Windows searches for the runtime folder anywhere on the computer with no luck.

Thanks for reading all this... any ideas will be appreciated

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Mojo Problem / Avid DIO Runtime Error
on Nov 8, 2006 at 5:43:33 pm

Found this link in the avid knowledge base:

Uninstalling / Reinstalling the Avid Technology Mojo - PC (HD only)
Description This is the general workflow procedure for uninstalling and reinstalling the Avid Technology Mojo (HD PC only).

http://www.avid.com/onlineSupport/supportcontent.asp?contentID=9345

Gary

Return to posts index

danorst
on Nov 8, 2006 at 6:26:39 pm

Yeah... that's the page I started when I was trying to get support. Yet it can no longer be done because I cannot remove from Add/Remove Programs

thanks for the reply

Return to posts index

danorst
on Nov 8, 2006 at 10:07:15 pm

I got advice from another forum to use http://www.ccleaner.com which was able to uninstall the DIO Runtime fully.

---

But now I found I am back at the original problem. After reinstalling the DIO Runtime and plugging in the mojo the computer doesn’t find the new hardware and the host light does not go on. Is this a sign of a nonworking mojo or could this be a different issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]