FORUMS: list search recent posts

VHS to DVD

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
M-323
VHS to DVD
on Nov 5, 2006 at 9:21:06 am

Hello

Im trying to convert some old VHS movies to DVD.

I attached the VCR to Dazzle hardware (analog to digital converter) which plugged into USB and started capturing footage using Roxio's video wave version 7 -- nothing I could do could make the program and record the sound. I tried all kinds of different settings -- under audio there was a setting for a sound card or a setting for the Dazzle hardware. When I tried to click the Dazzle hardware and then click OK it would always revert back to the Audigy soundcard.

So then I went to Windows Movie Maker and captured it using that program (sound and all) but WMM will not burn DVDs! So I imported the WMV file back into Roxio's Video Wave 7 (VW7) to try to burn it. It burned the first time using default settings. (2hr movie burned in under 1hr) but the defaut was set for "playback on this computer" and the result was a choppy video.

I thought maybe it was because the file type was not on par with the different program so then I tried U lead's Studio 8, hoping to be able to capture and burn within one program. It was able to capture the video and sound, but when I tried to burn, it ran for hours and hours and eventually gave me the error and DVD R-- INC-- SBT I – 2A -- 02 -- 04 -- 09 -- 01 then in brackets 93006: 1:0

Since both video and audio were captured using WMM, I can assume that Dazzle is working ok.

has anyone heard of these errors?

How can I get VW7 to record the sound?

Return to posts index

mairambija
Copy VHS to DVD
on Jan 31, 2007 at 12:16:15 pm

or you can visit and try [url=http://www.vhs-to-dvd.com/vhs-to-dvd.html]Convert VHS to DVD services and transfer your home [url=http://www.vhs-to-dvd.com/videotape-to-dvd-transfer.html]video tapes to dvd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]