FORUMS: list search recent posts

how ipod differs from mp4

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
erica
how ipod differs from mp4
on Nov 2, 2006 at 1:28:37 am

Now,mp4 and ipod are getting more and more universe,but as to the difference of the two,I have no idea,So anyone can give me some guidance,Thank u and appreciate your help Smile

Return to posts index

Owen06
Re: how ipod differs from mp4
on Nov 2, 2006 at 3:14:59 pm

ipod is the brand name of mp3 produced by Apple company,it is to say ipod is the other name of mp3 player manufactured by Apple company.And now video ipod has come out,which equals to mp4.You can click on the link http://mac.chinamac.com/product.php?productid=172&cat=12 to search an mp4 of ipod. As to the difference between mp3 and mp4,it will take some time to state.
For those new to the digital music world, the MP3 and MP4 formats are compression technologies for converting standard analog audio tracks (like those on a commercial music CD) to smaller digital computer files.
The primary reason digital music formats have become so popular is that they deliver high quality sound at roughly one tenth the size of the uncompressed original. As a point of reference, a standard Audio CD can hold roughly 20 songs while a CD encoded with MP3 files can hold as many as 200 songs
Normally when sound is compressed, the quality is dramatically diminished but many empires were launched because of the MP3 format and its ability to deliver high compression rates with a minimum loss of sound quality.
The MP3 format became an official standard in 1992 and began the chain of events that eventually created many popular music encoding programs and playback devices.
Today, the sheer quantity of small handheld devices that can hold thousands of songs is mind-boggling, but the undisputed leader (by a wide margin) is Apple’s iPod, despite the fact it was a latecomer to the MP3 player party.
A big reason for the huge success of Apple’s music device was the launch of the iTunes online music store. It was the first commercially successful attempt at selling music at 99 cents per song but required an iPod if you wanted to take your purchased music mobile.And the software such as ipod converter for mac support different music fomats’s converting make a bit contribution to the success.
At the time, Apple was successful (when other weren’t) in convincing the music industry to allow them to sell copyrighted music in a digital format because of something known as FairPlay digital rights management (DRM). Remembering that this all came on the tails of the massive music piracy problem created by the original Napster file sharing system (Napster is now a legitimate online music company), Apple had to demonstrate that they could control how these digital files were used.
This is where the AAC format (Advanced Audio Coding, commonly referred to as MP4) came into the picture. Because Apple used a proprietary file format, they were able to limit how each file purchased on their system was used, which meant a single user could not purchase a song and share it with others .
Along with this digital rights management system, Apple also made claims that the sound compression technology was superior to the old MP3 format. While the technical data may support this claim, the reality is that most listeners don’t have the playback equipment (speakers) or the ears to tell any difference.
What is relevant about music purchased on the iTunes system in AAC or MP4 format is that it can only be played back in the iTunes software or on an iPod, while the MP3 format is supported by all music devices (including the iPod).Very often,an converter is necessary. http://www.imtoo.com click the web find what u need.
Your choice of playback systems will be the primary driver of which format is best for you so be sure you check your players supported formats before you begin buying or encoding your music.

Return to posts index

erica
on Nov 3, 2006 at 1:42:59 pm

Thank you! Very Happy
But I'm sorry to say that you posted too much to understand. I just want to know basics of ipod and mp4 and then make a decision what to get.

Return to posts index

Owen06
on Nov 4, 2006 at 9:53:44 am

ipod is the byname of mp3 produced by Apple Comp. and video ipod for mp4.Now mp4 is adaptive to the fashion,but you may be bothered by the different formatted files converting,and if you don't have an video converter,you should get one.

Return to posts index

erica
on Nov 4, 2006 at 10:03:54 am

Thank you and appreciated to me Very Happy
I've got the software xilisoft audio maker.If that Ok?

Return to posts index

Owen06
on Nov 4, 2006 at 10:16:11 am

it uesful for audio vonverter,while converting video formatted files,you need a video converter.Here I recomend Imtoo video converter.

Return to posts index

erica
on Nov 4, 2006 at 10:28:39 am

Very Happy Thank you,but im "advocator" of xilisoft,and I don't love the interface of Imtoo video converter.

Return to posts index

Owen06
on Nov 4, 2006 at 10:31:08 am

Of course,everyone loves different things.That's up to u. Very Happy

Return to posts index

sharesmile
on Nov 10, 2006 at 7:23:06 am

erica: Very Happy Thank you,but im "advocator" of xilisoft,and I don't love the interface of Imtoo video converter.

You said advocator? Cool is the programm worth such overestimate.

Return to posts index

erica
on Nov 10, 2006 at 7:34:08 am

It's just a joke Very Happy for I have xilisoft audio maker for a long time,maybe I am emtive Very Happy

Return to posts index

erica
on Nov 10, 2006 at 7:56:49 am

In addition,I know there are many softwares features superb,such as cucu,PQ and so on,however,I choose xilisoft for it's cheap charge and user-friedly interface.

Return to posts index

sharesmile
on Nov 10, 2006 at 7:58:47 am

hoho~
I think you should convert your idea,the quality,while choosing software,ought to be considered first.Sometimes some good softwares worth the money. Cool

Return to posts index

erica
on Nov 10, 2006 at 8:22:03 am

Why are you speaking so high-blown? Sad
Is there anyting wrong with thinking over the money cost before making dicision?
Otherwise,xilisoft do the same job,can converting all the audio formatted files, as most of other top softwares.

Return to posts index

sharesmile
on Nov 10, 2006 at 8:22:33 am

Misunderstanding must have been made,I said these words without any hostility or sneer. Very Happy

However I still insist on purchase appropriate software without taking costs in count firstly.

Return to posts index

sharesmile
on Nov 10, 2006 at 8:28:52 am

You don't have to be excited for my expression,I just make a suggestion,if you think the xilisoft is the best choise for you,you get it.So forget it,Ok? Very Happy

Return to posts index

erica
on Nov 10, 2006 at 8:31:36 am

I'm sorry for my disrespected.

Return to posts index

Owen06
on Nov 11, 2006 at 5:08:35 am

As the rapid development of 3G's technology, related industry has increased a lot,There are so many softwares realize similar functions,The range provided for decision is enlarged.Everyone can choose their own programm on their own principles just as erica choose xilisoft, according to the costs and interface.So do not debate for such issue Very Happy

Return to posts index

erica
on Nov 11, 2006 at 5:21:30 am

Support Owen06 Very Happy

Return to posts index

sharesmile
on Nov 11, 2006 at 2:07:39 pm

I see.Owen06 said that There are so many softwares realize similar functions.There are not two different softwares achieve same functions absolutely,different ways brings different performance.
set operation system for example,windows and unix,they realize similar functions,but many choose windows for it features uer-friendly.

Return to posts index

sharesmile
on Nov 11, 2006 at 2:23:02 pm

What I want to mean is that there are always top softwares in video editing,so users shoule choose those perform perfectly.

Return to posts index

Owen06
on Nov 11, 2006 at 2:44:51 pm

To an expert the word "top" make sense,but to a common user,how he/she knows the what top means in so many diverse softwares.They choose it/them for their own reasons.
In addtion,xilisoft audio maker does well indeed. Very Happy
Why not change you ways of thinking.

Return to posts index

erica
on Nov 14, 2006 at 12:24:44 am

Support Owen06!
haha~~~~~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]