FORUMS: list search recent posts

Older Cleaner 5.12 Question. Please, please help!!!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
smoothal
Older Cleaner 5.12 Question. Please, please help!!!
on Oct 25, 2006 at 1:53:43 am

I know this seems odd to ask a question of such old programs, but hey, I am broke and can't upgrade like I want to.

So here is the problem, I had to do a re-install of Adobe Premiere 6.0 on a Windows XP Home edition, SP2.

I also had to re-install Cleaner 5.12.

When this was all completed I tried to export from the timeline to Cleaner 5.

It starts to boot up, then the splash screen stops at 'scanning QT video filters' and it stops loading. Then a new tab appears and tells me 'Unhandled Exception'.

I went to Discreets site, they tell me this...

"If you experience an "unhandled exception" error when launching cleaner, you will need to delete your batch file. To do this, go into cleaner application folder and delete the "untitled batch" and "untitled batch.#res" files."

I do this, yet when I re-launch Adobe and export to Cleaner it creates those batch files again and locks up once more.

I have re-installed Cleaner a few times, cleaned my registry and quite frankly I am at a loss.

Can someone please tell me how to correct this problem. I am trying to export a very important sales demo video, so then maybe I can upgrade after a few sales.

Return to posts index

smoothal
Re: Older Cleaner 5.12 Question. Please, please help!!!
on Oct 25, 2006 at 11:26:39 pm

Chipocludo: Unless u really need it in QT my advice is to encode to Windows media video (.wmv) or .avi (Indeo 5.1), and then trying to fix the issues with cleaner.

I think it's an OS issue, not a cleaner's. Those version are meant to work with windows 2000, though pretty familiar don't expect it'll work the same with XP ( I miss the Ice card ¬¬, but a pentium D really compensate).

In case u work with After Effects, export the whole thing to a (Microsoft DV) .avi, AE has a wider range of options for export.

I certainly think you are correct in that this software is just to old do do what I want on XP.

What I did do to open the program up was delete Quicktime 7 and reinstall Quicktime 5.

It opens now, but nothing exports properly. Not QT, AVI or even MPEG2.

I just needed this to work for another project or two till I could sufficiently update eveything.

Ultimately I was just tyring to get a high quality file to use in Ulead DVD Workshop.

The codecs in premiere are terrible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]