FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to upgrade

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marty
Trying to upgrade
on Oct 22, 2006 at 7:03:53 pm

I have been using Sony Vegas 5.0 and DVD as a hobby for a year and I want to upgrade everything.

I have a HP Pavilion a1125c. XP media center that I am changing to XP pro. It has a 3.3 ghz p4 with 1 gig ram expandable to 4 gig total. It has a single 250 gig 7200 SATA Seagate Barracuda. There are 3 more SATA connectors on the MB. It has crappy video card with 128mb onboard memory. I added aditional nvidia 128mb pci card a few months ago to run dual monitors. It has cd/dvd lightscribe burner, etc. from factory.

I am wanting to upgrade. So I can turn out a more professional product. I have the possibility of a TV show in the near future.
I have some ideas and I am looking for input.

I want to add a second 250 gig SATA drive in raid 0. And add a third SATA drive to run the operating system.

Add another gig of ram.

Do I need a video capture card? I have firewire on the motherboard and I have been able to capture in the past without difficulty.

Upgrade to Sony Vegas 7.0.

Or perhaps in the future, AVID DV express although I know that will probably require a whole new system built to AVID specs.

Return to posts index

pnotaro
Re: Trying to upgrade
on Jan 21, 2007 at 6:47:45 am

I am new here so if this is inappropriate let me know. HP no longer supports my a1125c and I need a set of recovery discs and since it is legal to provide a recovery disk I will pay the standard fee and shipping.
pnotaro@iwon.com 301-332-1676
PLEASE
Marty: I have been using Sony Vegas 5.0 and DVD as a hobby for a year and I want to upgrade everything.

I have a HP Pavilion a1125c. XP media center that I am changing to XP pro. It has a 3.3 ghz p4 with 1 gig ram expandable to 4 gig total. It has a single 250 gig 7200 SATA Seagate Barracuda. There are 3 more SATA connectors on the MB. It has crappy video card with 128mb onboard memory. I added aditional nvidia 128mb pci card a few months ago to run dual monitors. It has cd/dvd lightscribe burner, etc. from factory.

I am wanting to upgrade. So I can turn out a more professional product. I have the possibility of a TV show in the near future.
I have some ideas and I am looking for input.

I want to add a second 250 gig SATA drive in raid 0. And add a third SATA drive to run the operating system.

Add another gig of ram.

Do I need a video capture card? I have firewire on the motherboard and I have been able to capture in the past without difficulty.

Upgrade to Sony Vegas 7.0.

Or perhaps in the future, AVID DV express although I know that will probably require a whole new system built to AVID specs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]