FORUMS: list search recent posts

Laptop Editing

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Slacktide
Laptop Editing
on Oct 21, 2006 at 12:09:14 am

Trying to decide whether to build a machine or buy a laptop. If you currently edit on a laptop, I'd liked to read your feedback. What Laptop you own? The editing application you use? How does it work? Pros, Cons, whatever you have for an opinion.

For the past 6 years, I've kept my Dell 8100 desktop running, and editing with Studio. Keeping this combo going has been quite a challenge, with all the bugs and workarounds, like owning a car only I can drive. I'm finally ready to upgrade my ride, and get into a higher end editing program that works out of the box. Ahhh, just the thought of it makes me weepy.

Originally, I thought I would build a desktop machine. Then I started thinking portability, why not a Laptop? I like Mac Book Pro 17", 2GB Ram, Duo Core, w/Final Cut Express. The other way to go is a Sony/Vegas combo, or Toshiba or a Lenovo running Liquid Pro. Just like to hear from anyone working on Laptops. Thanks.

Return to posts index

gary_hendr
Re: Laptop Editing
on Oct 21, 2006 at 2:11:30 am

For me I usually edit on the desktop. Because editing is such a intense and involved activity, I prefer to have my video displayed on a wide LCD screen rather than a small laptop.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]