FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layered video editing

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TGB
Layered video editing
by
on Oct 19, 2006 at 12:15:52 am

I'm new to the video editing world. I'm trying to put together a video of my daughters soccer for college coaches and need a way to highlight who she is on the field so the coaches know who to watch.

It doesn't have to be fancy, although I like how ESPN temporarily enlarges individuals they want you to watch when they show a highlight. That would be great if it's easy, but just being able to add an arrow or some other marker would be fine.

Does anyone know of a piece of software that will allow me to do that?

Thanks,

TGB

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Layered video editing
on Oct 19, 2006 at 4:37:10 am

Lots of different ways to do this. You can use Premeire Pro, Avid Liquid or Vegas. You have to keyframe her position, then add an effect over her image.Actually what I recommend doing is adding a semi-transparent black matt over the entire video, with a circle or oval wipe punched in over your daughter. The effect will be that the portions of the video not in the wipe will be darker, and therefore your daughter will stand out. This will take you some time to do, depending on her movement and the camera postioning.

Some softwares like after effects and boris offer motion tracking. This would save you tons of time here. you would not have to follow her frame by frame, the software would do it for you.

gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]