FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropped Frames During Capture

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sansar
Dropped Frames During Capture
on Oct 9, 2006 at 10:53:55 pm

I am dropping an incredible amount of frames while trying to capture DV footage. I'm pulling my hair out and have tried numerous solutions, does anybody have any suggestions? I've edited on this machine plenty of times, this is a work horse, but now - all of a sudden - I can't capture. ??

Tech Specs:

Pentium 4 (HT) - 3.0GHz
2GB Ram
SATA 7200rpm 250 GB HD - (30GB free)
Capture Software: Avid DV Xpress Pro HD 5.2
Adobe Premiere 1.5

Footage Specs:

22 Hours Mini DV
Panasonic DVX 100 & 100a (24P Advanced mode)

Capture Specs:

Tried Capturing using Pansaonic camera as deck. No luck.
Now using Canon GL1 (30i) to capture footage. Can I use this camera to digitize footage shot on 24p?
Shot a quick test with GL1 camera. 5 mins 30i footage. Tried to capture. Same problems.

Solutions attempted.

Increased Ram from 1GB - 2GB
1TB External Raid Harddrive (Firewire 800)

Couldn't get my machine to recognize the firewire 800 card (SIIG). Learned that Win SP2 has a known problem with Firewire 800 and does not use 800 speed. Needed patch to update. Updated. Still did not work. Buggy. Switched down to Firewire 400. HD was steady, but still dropped frames during capture. Returned the #@$@ thing.

Purchased a RAID Card (SIIG) and 2 300GB SATA Maxtor Drives. Machine couldn't detect RAID card. Flashed RAID Card...couldn't get it to recognize the drives. Returned it. Ordered a PROMISE FAST TRAK RAID.
Waiting for it to arrive.

Upgraded Video card from NVIDIA Quadro 380 (64MB) Dual Display to NVIDIA Geforce 6800 (256MB). Tried capturing small clips, 3 mins, and would drop approximately 10 frames in Premiere. Avid would stop and return the error message stopped "due to lack of progress."

I've got 22 Hrs that I want to capture and cut and can't capture 2 mins! What's going on here?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]