FORUMS: list search recent posts

RT.X2 re-installation crisis

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DanHale
RT.X2 re-installation crisis
on Oct 2, 2006 at 2:25:07 pm

Installed RT.X2 on Tyan S2895 system per Matrox recommended configuration. Installed Matrox tools. Card and software worked flawlessly. But my studio space has only dial-up Internet, so I was unable to satisfy Matrox online registration requirements (no .NET framework and MSXML on my machine). Then, needing to do some 3D work with my machine, I removed the RT.X2 and uninstalled Matrox Tools, so that I could use the second PCI-Express 16 slot for my second Nvidia SLI card. Now, having transported my computer to a location with broadband Internet, I replace the RT.X2 and attempt to reinstall Matrox Tools so that I can now complete the registration process, but Windows XP Pro does not find the new hardware. Nothing I try works to make XP recognize the RT.X2 as a new device, necessary to install the Matrox Tools. (Slot 3 is not the problem because it still works fine for the second Nvidia card.)
Is this a common problem? Any suggestions? I'm desperate!

Thank you.

Dan

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: RT.X2 re-installation crisis
on Oct 10, 2006 at 6:08:09 pm

sorry to hear about your troubles here. If you have not been able to get it going, please send me an email with your RT.X2 serial number and the general specs of your computer. I'll forward it on to the right folks at Matrox to get you the help you need.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]