FORUMS: list search recent posts

System specs

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Frechette
System specs
on Sep 7, 2006 at 4:12:42 pm

Having spent hours looking at all the valuable info on this site I would like your opinion on setting up a system. Here are some specs to build around my RTX100 card.

Asus P5NSLI NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHz OEM Processor

2gig of Ultra PC4200 DDR2 533MHz Memory

Ultra X-Finity 500-Watt SATA/SLi Ready Power Supply

XFX GeForce 6800 Xtreme / 256MB GDDR3 / SLI / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card

I have not made up my mind on the SATA drives yet.
Any suggestions would be very helpful.

I will not be editing HD yet, this is for non-HD.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Tim Frechette
Update
on Sep 8, 2006 at 10:48:03 am

I would probbly go with either a
PNY Quadro FX540 128MB PCIe
or
PNY Quadro FX560 128MB PCIe video card.
What is the difference between these two and which one would you recommend that I purchase from you?
Thanks

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: System specs
on Sep 8, 2006 at 3:31:06 pm

I would look long and hard at Matrox's system recommendations before buying and building anything. I've built four systems starting with a Rainbow Runner leading up to my current Intel dualcore RTX.100 system using Matrox's exact system recommendations and have had no trouble. I've read countless posts on their forums from users that did not follow their recommendations and had all kinds of trouble.

The first item to note in your system description is the nVidia chipset motherboard. To date, no nVidia chipset motherboard has been found to be compatible with the X100. To date, the only one who's claimed to have gotten the X100 to work with a Core 2 Duo motherboard has been Guy Graphics, which sell one based on the Asus P5B.

Do yourself a favor and build a system that's already proven to work with the X100.

http://www.matrox.com/video/support/rtx100xtremepro/rec/home.cfm

Return to posts index

Tim Frechette
Thanks for the info
on Sep 11, 2006 at 3:11:19 am

John, I have asked Matrox repeatly what they recommend for Dual core and they say they have none. They tell me to ask others on the forums what they are doing. I feel like I have to do all the damn work myself after I have already shelled out 1K for the damn Matrox board.
Would you mind posting your latest configuration with the Dual Core that worked the RTX 100, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

PS I have have been to that link already and unless I have missed something I can not find any recommendations for Dual Core.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Sep 11, 2006 at 8:14:09 pm

It is pretty frustrating finding current motherboards for older hardware. What we know about the RTX.100 is that it does NOT like dual-core AMD motherboards.

I would recommend you go with the ASUS P5LD2 Deluxe. We've gotten good feedback for it from RTX.100 owners.

Gary

Return to posts index

Tim Frechette
Thanks for the reply
on Sep 11, 2006 at 11:16:11 pm

I will stick with that motherboard with the Intel Dual Core 2 with a video card from you guys.
Thanks

Return to posts index

John Q
on Sep 12, 2006 at 4:00:05 am

I'm using an Intel D955XBK, configured exactly the way Matrox recommends, with a Parhelia APVe video card and a Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card. I'm actually using the Parhelia for my video preview. I have two Viewsonic flat panels on the DVI ports and a Sharp video LCD monitor on the video out port. It's totally stable, but I did have to download older drivers for the Parhelia to get it to work properly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]