FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommendation please...

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
videoguysuser
Recommendation please...
on Sep 5, 2006 at 9:05:27 pm

I am a newbie into the video capture world. I have captured video from my camcorder using firewire but have not captured analog devices like VCR. I use a software by NTI systems that seems to do the job quite well (titles, chapters, transition etc.).

I have Pentium 4, 3GHZ, 2gb RAM pc. The capturing of video just takes forever at a time. I would like to buy either a video capture device or a video capture card (not sure if it should be PCI or something else) that has a encoder built-in the hardware. Apparently there are quite a few devices that can do the job but I have read that people have complaints like audio synch etc.

Can somebody recommend if I should buy a internal card or a external device? if so, which one should I buy? My budget is < 100$ USD.

Thanks

Return to posts index

krusadr
Re: Recommendation please...
on Oct 10, 2006 at 12:24:56 am

I'm starting to get the impression that no-one knows or cares here. most questions seem to go un-answered.

All I'd say is I bought Pinnacle and it has such bad audio syncing problems that it is utterly unusable.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Recommendation please...
on Oct 10, 2006 at 6:02:18 pm

there are two types of capture devices available. Some conver analog video into DVa nd attach via firewire. Other convert to MPEG2 and attach via USB. The MPEGs type run into more audio sync issues becuase they rely on the computer for some of the encoding. The Analog / DV converters have chips inside that do the conversions.

We recommend capturing via a DV/Analog converter like the ADVC110, editing your video, then encvoding it to MPEG2 for DVD authoring

http://www.videoguys.com/ADVC.html

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]