FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas or Premiere

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dbwhite
Vegas or Premiere
on Sep 3, 2006 at 3:33:07 pm

I'm relatively new to digital video, and have been saving for one of the new Canon HD cameras. I currently have Premiere 6.0 and have used it some. I also recently picked up Vegas 6.0, but have not used it. I am looking at my upgrade options from here - cost, usability, & final result, because I'm wanting to spend much more time with this. Here's the costs I've found so far:
Premiere Pro 2.0 upgrade - $200
Production Studio upgrade - $750
Sony Vegas 7 + dvd - ?
Any suggestions or recommendations would be helpful.

thanks!

Return to posts index

videoman7428
Vegas or Premiere
on Sep 11, 2006 at 8:39:58 pm

The one thing I'd like to point out is how you will use the software.
For example "using it as a hobby, doing professional editing for your own business" or working with editing houses that use vegas the vegas format etc.

Using Premier w/o an editing card you will get the basic tool (titles, transitions, motion, opacity, audio filters etc) but to do cleaner editing more professional aproach you will need a more powerful program like After Effects.

To me this is one of the irritations with the Adobe Product line: "Sure you can do the basic stuff but will have to pay a ton of cash to do a great job"

As you might suspect I am Prem Pro and After Effects user but am considering solutions that are more encompassing.

To get a feel of the software try downloading an adobe free trial or vegas demo.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]