FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD slideshow with manual advance

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jebbrown
DVD slideshow with manual advance
on Sep 2, 2006 at 7:00:36 pm

I'm trying to create a DVD slideshow to run on a stand-alone DVD player so I can view it on TV. So far I've tried 38 slide-show programs and none seem to be able to do what I want (except perhaps Nero Photoshow Deluxe 4, though I can't burn to DVD in the demo so I can't verify it).

What I'd like it to do is to be able to advance the slides without causing the background music to skip ahead, and I don't want specific songs tied to specific photos. I just want the music to play in the background uninterrupted while I peruse the photos. I don't know enough about DVD-Authoring to be sure this is possible, though I swear I've seen this on commercial DVDs in the extras.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

bobbrown
Re: DVD slideshow with manual advance
on Sep 4, 2006 at 7:07:02 am

why not to use powerpoint? it was made for this! you can create slideshows easily in powerpoint and then save it as .pps - powerpoint slideshow. and then you can use a special program for powerpoint to dvd burning. i know one - it's presentation to video converter. it will convert powerpoint to dvd format and burn dvd - all in couple of clicks. very easy!
http://www.geovid.com/Presentation_to_Video_Converter

Return to posts index

Hammy
Re: DVD slideshow with manual advance
on Sep 6, 2006 at 8:53:18 am

jamesbo: why not to use powerpoint? it was made for this! you can create slideshows easily in powerpoint and then save it as .pps - powerpoint slideshow. and then you can use a special program for powerpoint to dvd burning. i know one - it's presentation to video converter. it will convert powerpoint to dvd format and burn dvd - all in couple of clicks. very easy!
http://www.geovid.com/Presentation_to_Video_Converter

O thanks! It's nice program! I created the slideshow by myself! Cool!!
Laughing

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]