FORUMS: list search recent posts

New systems for Avid - Compatability

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MarkeD.C
New systems for Avid - Compatability
on Aug 18, 2006 at 4:20:19 pm

Hi, my company might soon be purchasing an Avid Xpress Pro Studio Complete setup, and I kinda wanted to get a taste of the dual core xeons or opterons out there and not have to use an older xeon system (for max performance). I would say I am pretty computer savvy, I build my own computers and troubleshoot them, A while back when I first started editing I installed a Matrox RT2500 with Adobe premiere 6.5 (that was fun). But I have never built a 'workstation' class dual CPU computer.

I feel confident that I can piece it together no problem, I am just worried (as most I'm sure) of compatability with Avid. In the DIY 4 with the 'dual dual core' Big red machine, was that able to run Avid Xpress Pro? What about pro tools? Does anyone have a dual core opteron or xeon that is able to run both programs with associated Digi 002 board and Mojo? I can most likely work my way through and troubleshooting with drivers and what not, but I want a solid system. But most importantly I do not want to upgrade this machine for a while, so I want to have dual core and x64 ready and waiting for software updates. Thanks for any input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]