FORUMS: list search recent posts

The last iPod Converter guide you need

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shine ivan
The last iPod Converter guide you need
on Aug 15, 2006 at 3:02:12 am

Nowadays, most iPod converter is popular more and more going with iPod developed. Many friends ask me to introduce a good iPod video converter after I issued a report about iPod video converters. (You can get more info from [url=http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/articles/report.html]my report on the page )so I write a guide for users to recommend a tool (Wondershare iPod Video Suite). I wish it is useful to you. You also can try Aimersoft iPod Converter Suite
http://www.aimersoft.com/ipod-converter-suite.html
For Mac OS X user, you can use Aimersoft Mac DVD Converter Suite:
http://www.aimersoft.com/mac-dvd-converter-suite.html

Before you convert your files, please know the general limits which the iPod carry.
H.264 video: up to 768 Kbps, 320x240, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 128 Kbps, 48 KHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats.

MPEG-4 video: up to 2500 Kbps, 480x320, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 128 Kbps, 48 KHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats

How to convert/rip DVD to iPod

You can google search "Wondershare iPod Video Suite" and download it. Or you can download it directly from this link
http://download.dvd-ripper-copy.com/iPodSuite_trial.exe
The latest version is 2.0.1. You can refer here for more info about it.
http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/iPod-video-suite.html
Then install and run it.

Then Click "DVD to iPod Converter component" to launch the DVD to iPod Ripper

Step1.Import DVD files

1) Rip your DVD files from DVD-ROM drive by clicking “Open DVD”.
Many friends ask me how to copy movies form DVDs to pc. This process calls ‘Rip’. Additional, rip DVDs is illegal. This software helps you rip DVDs automatically. You needn’t know how to break the css protect. I really love this function.
2) Or Load .ifo files from your hard disk by clicking “Add ifo”.
3) Or right click on the blank area in the center of the main interface to import video files from your hard disk or DVD-ROM drive.

Step2: select subtitle, audio and output format

1) Regular DVD movie usually has several subtitles, like English, French, German, etc. You can select anyone according to your need.
2) Select Audio it the same as select Subtitle.
3) Format: this software can convert DVD to MP4 format which are fit for iPod player, it also can extract audio track from DVD and save as MP3 or M4A format which are fit for any other MP3 player.

Step3: Start Convert
After all the things done, click the ‘start’ button to start the conversion. Then a window will be popped up.

Here you can preview your DVD when converting the DVD. There also has an important option name “Directly transport video files to iPod after conversion”. If you check it, then when finish conversion and your iPod has connected to PC well, the MP4 files will be transported to iPod directly; you needn’t drag them to iTunes then sync your iPod. It’s really useful for the people who know little about iTunes’ complicate operation.

Tips
Tips.1 Click the option button, a window will be popped up. Here you can set resolution, frame rate, width/length ration, video bitrate, codec, conversion speed, sample rate, audio channels and audio bitrate. Here are some tips about the options.

1. Resolution: iPod’s resolution is 320*240.
2. Frame rate: 25fps is PAL, 30fps is NTSC.
3. Length/Width ration: 4:3 is common display; 16:9 is width screen display.
4. For ‘Codec’ setting. There are two choice for you — ‘H.264’ & ‘xVID’. If you want to know the difference between this two codes. You can refer this post for more info. http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8?sid=2
‘H.264’ provides higher quality with less file size. But the conversion time is longer than ‘xVID’. If you care about the video definition. ‘H.264’ would be your choice. I prefer ‘xVID’ to ‘H.264’. Because it’s difficult to distinguish the difference between ‘H.264’ and ‘xVID’ on iPod’s little screen.
5. Video bitrate and audio bitrate: higher bitrate provides better quality with lager size and longer conversion time.

Tips.2 DVD movie often has a black border on both the top and bottom, if you want to cut it and watch your DVD with full screen; you can click the “cropping” button. Then a window will be popped up, on this window, you can drag the yellow frame to cut any parts you don’t want when you preview the DVD movie, or you can use the crop window which set in advanced on the top of the window.

Tips.3 Click the “effect” button; you can set the Brightness, Contrast, Saturation and Audio volume for the DVD movie.

Tips.4 In the default setting, this software convert your DVD into one files with all chapters, if you just want to convert some chapters of the DVD, you can click the ‘Show chapters’ button, then check the box before the chapters you want to convert.

Tips.5 If you just want to convert some parts of the DVD, you can drag the scroll bar below the preview window to set the conversion start and end time, or you can click the ‘trim’ button to set it exactly.

Tip.6 DVD player is combined with this software, after you add the DVD files, you can click the “Play” button to preview your movie, if you double click on the preview window, and you can also watch your movie in full screen model.

How to convert AVI to iPod, WMV to iPod, MPEG to iPod, RM to iPod, RMVB to iPod, ASF to iPod, MPG to iPod, DivX to iPod, XviD to iPod, DAT to iPod, MOV to iPod video

After installing the ‘Wondershare iPod Video Suite’. Click ‘Video to iPod Converter’ button to lunch it. Its interface and operation are similar to ‘DVD to iPod Ripper’.

But compare with ‘DVD to iPod Ripper’, there are two parts I want to emphasize:
1. In ‘DVD to iPod Ripper’, you click the ‘option’ icon on the top to open the option window. In ‘Video to iPod Converter’, you can right click the files and click ‘Params Setting’ to open the option windows. This function let you set different options to different tasks. For example, you set the conversion format for the first video in xVID, and you can set it for the second video in H.264. So you can import multi files at one time and set the suitable option for each task and then go away to do any other thing. It’s really good, I love it.

2. With ‘Video to iPod Converter’, you can capture any lovely pictures from the videos. Either be your cool desktop or print it. There is a small ‘camera’ icon on the right part of the interface. Click it while previewing the video; it will save the current picture of the video for you. More over you can save it in .JPG or .BMP.

Operation:
Step1. Import video files by clicking ‘Add files’ or right click the blank of the main interface to ‘Load Videos…’

Step2. Option setting. It’s the same with ‘DVD to iPod Ripper’. So I’m not repeating it. You can refer above details to manage it.

Step3. Select output directory. The default out put directory is
C:Program FilesWondershareiPod Video Suitevideo2ipodOutput

Step4. Go, Go, Go. Click ‘Start’ button to start the conversion.

How to update video to your ipod through iTune

Step1. Connect your iPod to PC, launch iTunes.
If you don’t have iTunes. You can download free from here:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/download/

We recommend that you create a new list to place the file you converted.

Step2. Find the mp4 file you have converted, directly drag into the playlist you created just now.

If you have added the file to the library of the iTunes, you can drag it from library to the new playlist directly.

Step3. Update your iPod. Click ‘File’->’update your iPod’
After updating, you can see the file list on your ipod. You can change the file name showing on iPod. Please right click the file, choose "Get info", and change the info of this file at "Info". You are done and enjoy!

Well, my guide should be easy to understand, I hope you will not face any other problems during enjoying iPod with it. Very Happy

Return to posts index

dengfeng2010
Re: The last iPod Converter guide you need
on Oct 25, 2006 at 1:47:12 am

great !

Return to posts index

Shine ivan
on Nov 27, 2006 at 12:03:39 pm

dengfeng2010, thank you for your praise Very Happy

Return to posts index

Shine ivan
on Dec 7, 2006 at 11:38:52 am

If you have problems about this tutorial, post here, I will help you ASAP Very Happy

Return to posts index

hugh hugh hugh
Episodes
on Jan 1, 2007 at 10:01:14 pm

when the DVD you are ripping has several episodes what can you do to break it up into those episodes Confused :

thanks Wink

Return to posts index

jeffmatt
on Mar 7, 2007 at 2:15:47 pm

nice guide Very Happy

Return to posts index

waterdrop
on Apr 12, 2007 at 9:11:09 am

good guide! why not have a look at this one http://videoguys.forumexperts.com/viewtopic.php?t=112466.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]