FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dual Xeon

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marcusgfunk
Dual Xeon
on Aug 12, 2006 at 1:43:56 am

Back when I was building my Dual Xeon system I asked what motherboard to use...you recommended Asus NCT-D. Then recently I checked your site and YOU say it’s bad to use for NLE workstations. Wow thanks for the miss information after I purchased that board months ago. I think you guys should fork over some dough to make up for you miss information and so I can buy the proper motherboard. I mean you are supposed to be the "pros" the "videoguys" and should stand behind your recommendations. So how can you help me out now??? Mad

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Dual Xeon
on Aug 13, 2006 at 6:55:41 pm

Back in April 2005 we started posting here about our DIY3 http://www.videoguys.com/DIY3.html dual xeon system. In June of 2005 the article was officially published. At the time we broke some very important information about the 6300 southbridge not being suitable for NLE workstations. That was well over a year ago. If you read the article, you'll see that we were initially using the Asus NCD-T motherboard and we had to scrap it.

Since that time we have been vigilant in warning folks on forums, user groups and our newletter about making sure the Dual Xeon machine they build does NOT have the 6300 southridge.

If you purchased the NCD-T a few months ago, then you did not do your homework here. If you purchased it back in early 2005, I'm sorry. As I said, that's the mobo we were initially going with. It wasn't until after months of testing and searching that we discovered the 6300 southbridge issue.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]