FORUMS: list search recent posts

What are all these Tweaks The VG keep talking about?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Riemer
What are all these Tweaks The VG keep talking about?
on Aug 7, 2006 at 5:51:42 pm

Now I know about the basic XP Tweaks that are written up on the VGuys web pages but after reading though the DIY articles they mention things like. QUOTEfrom DIY4 "In fact, our Pentium based system did crash - the first 5 times we ran it. After we did some tweaks and updated some drivers we were able to complete the test." What would these "tweaks" be? Other than updating drives.

I am running Premiere Pro 2.0 and in the month I have had it There is nothing more I would love to do to it other than take it back to Adobe and there "Pay for help Tech Support" have them buy me FinalCut Pro.

I have completely rebuilt my computer part by part trying to discover what is causing the trouble with this program to know real avail. I have to walk on eggshells with it, because it seems like if I try to do put anything on my computer other than a bare bones install I run into issues, Stability, random glitches, or you name it, it happens.

Anyways...Any thoughts on how to make PP 2.0 more stable?

AMD 3800+ X2...Previous AMD 3500+
AsRock 939 dual-sata2 Mobo...Previous Asus A8V-MX
2-512mb Dual Channel Kingston KVR400x64c3a
AGP XFX GeForce 6800XT 256mb Dual head Graphics Card
RaidMax Ninga Case with Stock 450W P/S...350W Power in old Case
HDD:
Internal:
-160 SeaGate Barracuda 160GB SATA with 30 GB Partition for OS and now with only Adobe Production Suite Installed...Previously had Prod Suite on seperate Partition...ramaining used only for NLE.
-40gb IDE WD for Programs
-Old 5Gb Quantum Fireball for Picture storage

External: 250Gb for Video Storage.

-Switch

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: What are all these Tweaks The VG keep talking about?
on Aug 7, 2006 at 7:06:14 pm

some potential areas to check.

You are mixing internal eide & Sata drives in your system. this may be causing some issues. try removing the eide drives from the computer and see if you run better

you are using an external firewire drive for your storage. this could be a problem. the easy way to test is to try running Prem pro 2 with all media and projects on the internal sata drive. If this works better, you need to check out your firewrie port/card and the drive.

1 Gb of RAM is light for Premiere pro. we recommned 1.5 or 2 GB. Make sure you sticks are in the matching slots if your mobo supports dual channel memory

and make sure you visit our top 10 tech tips page http://www.videoguys.com/Top10tech.htm

Gary

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: What are all these Tweaks The VG keep talking about?
on Aug 9, 2006 at 12:54:20 pm

Did you do a burn-in test after building your computer? ( BEFORE you installed your software)
it is nice to know it is a stable computer before you start loading programs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]