FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Liquid Slow Playback

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ArturoGuzman
Avid Liquid Slow Playback
on Jul 28, 2006 at 6:25:07 pm

Hello Guys!

I recently install the avid liquid 7, in my old computer with the avid liquid edition 5 all was fine.

Now if I import a project or make new one when I put three or four transitions GPU FX the playback begins to run slowly and the visualitation monitor freezes.

I have read about a redering in avid liquid, when you make a transition a green slice appears and this is that the video is rendering, I dont see anything of this, should I to configure it? Where?

So if you have an advice to render fast or similar problem please respondme.

My actual configuration is
Amd 4200+ Dual Core
Asus A8N-SLI
2x1G DDR MEMORY(DUAL CHANEL)
XFX GF7 7600GS (ALSO TRY ATI X550)
RAID 0 MAXTOR 500GB(2x250GB)
Windows XP SP2

Return to posts index

John Applegate
Re: Avid Liquid Slow Playback
on Aug 3, 2006 at 6:27:31 pm

Hello Arturo,

It appears from your specs that your system should be able to "cut the mustard". A couple of easy things to check: 1) Verify the spare disk capacity for your system, capture and render drive(s). You should have at least 15% spare space. Liquid has bogged down for me when I have passed the 15 % threshold. 2) Check and see if your drives need to be defragged. Even if you have a large amount of free space, a fragmented drive will cause the behavior that you mention. 3) Check for an update of your VC drivers. 4) Verify that liquid is actually rendering by double clicking on the little sigma button in the lower tool bar. If all your color bars are green, Liquid should be done rendering.

With respect to the render bar colors.... dark red --> Missing media, red --> clip needs to be rendered and cannot be displayed, yellow --> clip needs rendering but can be diplayed, green --> rendering complete.

You should also consider joining the Avid liquid forum and post your question there. See http://www.avid.com/exchange/forums/54/ShowForum.aspx

Regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]