FORUMS: list search recent posts

GF 7950 GX2 Video Corruption Problem

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Plazmodeus
GF 7950 GX2 Video Corruption Problem
on Jul 25, 2006 at 6:53:30 pm

Hey Videoguys

In anticipation of an upgrade to an HD capture card, I recently upgraded my videocard to a Gf 7950 GX2 (I know its a gamers card, I work in videogames and can use the speed). I have a Pinnacle DV500 that I've used for years and think was a great product for its time. When I try to edit video in Premiere 6.5 (the last version the DV 500 supports) I get corruption and artifacts in the overlayed video, but not the video out from the DV board. This means that my problems are display related. I was an ATI guy before, is this a problem with NV video drivers?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-A-

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: GF 7950 GX2 Video Corruption Problem
on Jul 25, 2006 at 7:05:14 pm

try experimenting with differsnt display settings and color depths. with P 6.5 I don;t recommedn anythin over 1024 x 768

Gary

Return to posts index

Plazmodeus
Re: GF 7950 GX2 Video Corruption Problem
on Jul 25, 2006 at 7:15:09 pm

Hi Gary

Thansk for the quick reply...appreciated.

I tried tooling display resolutions, bit depths, refresh rates, and dual/single GPU mode and they all consistently produced the same results. I had been using an X800XL before and it ran P6.5 beautifully at 1900x1200. In fact, Im not sure how anyone edits video with less resolution.

Any other hints? Ever seen that kind of video corruption with an NV card? Do the X1900 series have better luck with video editing? How about with Premiere 2? Is it a good card for that?

-A-

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]