FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Premiere Pro compatible cards

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
timtoews
Adobe Premiere Pro compatible cards
on Mar 25, 2005 at 2:15:32 pm

I am currently in the market to upgrade the system I use for my "real job" as a video editor for a web company. I am teaching night classes on Adobe Premiere Pro, and I feel more comfortable with it, right now. I had initially planned to use Liquid Edition with the BOB, due to the the fact that we get a lot of tapes, in a lot of formats, and I must also export content to several different formats as well. Are there Premiere Pro compatible capture cards that will allow importing and exporting out to DVD and tape as well?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Adobe Premiere Pro compatible cards
on Mar 29, 2005 at 3:20:37 pm

Check out Cineform Aspect HD. it is like an HDV realtime card for Premeire Pro, but it is software!!

This is from our top 10 prodcuts of 2004 article:

By now you've realized that we believe HDV is going to be huge. One of the companies pioneering the way for HDV editing is CineForm. Their products enable other applications (Adobe Premiere Pro & SONY Vegas 5) to capture and edit HDV footage. Actually there is much more to this... CineForm Intermediateâ„¢ technologies allow substantially accelerated editing performance on multiple HD video streams. CineForm captures the HDV footage into a wavelet CODEC that allows for very efficient HDV editing, while maintaining the pristine HDV video quality. This wavelet compression is virtually lossless, yet it enables the NLE to handle the footage with much lower computer hardware requirements.

ConnectHD is the most basic tool from CineForm. It is a plug-in that enables Premiere Pro or Vegas 5 to capture the HDV footage via FireWire and then convert it to their CODEC for accelerated HDV editing. The files created are about 3 times the size of a native HDV file, but still small enough for a single SATA drive to handle. As always, if you produce longer format and/or very complex projects you should use a RAID or SCSI.

AspectHD is currently only available for Adobe Premiere Pro. It gives you all the features of ConnectHD - plus real-time editing! Aspect HD incorporates CineForm Intermediate™ technologies to allow you to edit multiple HDV streams, add motion titles, color adjustments, dissolves, wipes, page peels, picture-in-picture and much more – all in real time, without rendering. Think of AspectHD as a software accelerator for Premiere Pro. It works just like a real-time hardware accelerator but with this new technology - it's software only!

I've been working with the folks over at CineForm for a couple of years now, and I'm happy to announce that we will be carrying their products beginning in 2005. If you already own Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 you can add AspectHD for only $499.95 and turn your system into a real-time HDV solution. We will also be offering AspectHD bundled with the Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro1.5, Audition 1.5 and Encore DVD 1.5) for only $799.95!

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

timtoews
on Mar 29, 2005 at 3:39:16 pm

I will look into CineForm, but what I really need is a hardware capture card. The old capture card I was using is incompatible with the new version of Premiere. Can I get the Matrox RTX10 by itself, no bundled software (I already have it, after all).

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 29, 2005 at 3:52:30 pm

Sorry about that - I thought you were in the HDV forum. We now offer the RTX100 card for $599.95:

Attention Adobe Premiere Owners:
Upgrade to the RTX100 hardware (requires Premiere Pro Serial # - You do not need to send in an old card, because we will provide an old card for you)$599.95

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

timtoews
on Mar 29, 2005 at 3:55:34 pm

It's ok. I have the new HDV plugin for Premiere Pro 1.5 Adobe released a few weeks back but haven't had much chance to play with it.
I am also on the HDV message list. I can see how it can get confusing.

What's the educational discount on a card like that? The card would actually be for a community college video editing lab.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]