FORUMS: list search recent posts

do i need additional capturing hardware?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kcamosy
do i need additional capturing hardware?
on Jul 6, 2006 at 12:56:49 pm

hi there,

i did some video editing in college, but now i'm working on my own documentary project, where i'm learning what i don't know as i go along. i shot over 100 hours of footage on mini dv tapes (on a panasonic dvx 100) in london. the footage is comprised of live music and interviews.

now, i've never owned my own editing gear, so i'm a little lost about what exactly i need. i'm funding this myself, so money is quite a big object, and i'm also hoping to do some freelance editing on the side, so i need some decent quality here.

i am in the process of buying an apple mac book pro and final cut studio 5.1 (i remember preferring avid, but it's out of my price range)

the thing is - i'm not really sure what else i'll need. towards the end of editing process, i will have access to an actual post-production house, but because of the enormity of my footage, i want to be able to work on most of the project from home, before i get to that point.

do i need some capturing hardware besides what's in final cut studio? if so, how much should i expect to spend (b&h has such a wide range of prices). also - what about additional external hard drives? are they necessary for my type of project?

also, am i leaving something else out that i'll need for this part of the process?

any help is very much appreciated!

thanks,

Katie Camosy xx

Return to posts index

kcamosy
Re: do i need additional capturing hardware?
on Jul 6, 2006 at 8:51:03 pm

well i got my answers from other people.

just a thought from someone who just came on this forum for the first time the other day: it looks like a forum where people can ask technical questions and other members can help answer, hopefully from different point-of-views.

but it's actually a place where you're only supposed to ask questions never been asked before (hence so many comments about using the search feature or looking back or info). that'd be about the same as searching a regular site with no forum. i thought the good part of a message board is receiving individual responses from people looking at your situation.

hey - it's your board, i thought i'd just write what my reaction was to it. maybe it's set up this way so that people pay for support?

xx

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]