FORUMS: list search recent posts

capture hardware

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kcamosy
capture hardware
on Jul 5, 2006 at 10:08:04 pm

hi there,

i did a lot of video editing in college, but now i'm working on my own documentary project, where i'm learning what i don't know as i go along. i shot over 100 hours of footage on dv tapes in london (it's comprised of live music and interviews).

now, i've never owned my own editing gear, so i'm a little lost. i'm funding this myself, so money is a concern, but since i'm also hoping to do some freelance editing on the side, i need at least decent quality equipment.

i am in the process of buying a macbook pro and final cut studio 5.1 (i remember preferring avid, but it's out of my price range)

the thing is - i'm not really sure what else i'll need. towards the end of editing, i will have access to an actual post-production house, but because of the enormity of my footage, i want to be able to work on most of the project from home, before i get to that point.

obviously, i'll need some capturing hardware, but looking at B&H, there is such a wide range of types and prices. does anyone have any suggestions on what i should be looking out for and about how much i should be planning to spend?

also, am i leaving something else out that i'll need for this part of the process? or will i be all set with the computer, software, and hardware i've mentioned.

any help is very, very, very much appreciated!

thanks,

Katie Camosy xx

Return to posts index

kapsula
Re: capture hardware
on Jul 17, 2006 at 7:49:04 am

Rolling Eyes hmm, all my help - it is only that I can advice to u.
I know not bad video [url=http://www.geovid.com/VidShot_Capturer/]capture software but I'm really not sure that it is that u look 4.
but hope, it'll help u.
luck Confused

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: capture hardware
on Jul 18, 2006 at 1:14:40 am

Forget about Duck's software. That's his answer to every video problem. Sounds like he personally is selling it.

If you are using a DV camcorder, then all you need is the right firewire cable to connect to your MAC. DV video is already digital, so you just need the right software and cable. Final Cut will download the video to your computer directly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]