FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVI to older DVD

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrewj357
AVI to older DVD
on Jun 24, 2006 at 10:58:46 pm

Hi.

I have a movie in AVI format on my computer. I would like to put it on a DVD. I have a DVD burner and I have DVD+R disks and DVD-R disks. I want the DVD to be able to work on my older DVD player that I have. Is there a particular program that I can buy to do this and should I use the -Rs or +Rs. It is important that the DVD works on my old DVD player. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
Re: AVI to older DVD
on Jun 26, 2006 at 10:09:15 pm

Andrew-

First thing to do is figure out which formats your old DVD player can read. If you don't know or don't have a user's manual you can try looking up the brand name and model # online to find info re: it's compatibility. If it's too old to support either DVD+R or -R, then there's nothing you can do.

But there are various programs that you can use to put your .avi to DVD and burn. I use Nero.

Return to posts index

andrewj357
on Jun 26, 2006 at 10:29:38 pm

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. I have nero, but my DVD player is too old to read burned DVDs. Looks like I'll be getting a new player. Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Q
on Jun 27, 2006 at 3:31:04 am

To confirm compatibility with any, especially older, DVD players, go to http://www.videohelp.com/ and look up your particular player to check its compatibility.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]