FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hdv Worksation

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luisp3nt4
Hdv Worksation
on Jun 20, 2006 at 5:23:14 pm

I bought a sony hc1 and i need a powerfull machine to work the images i record from the camera.
In this work i need to analyse the video and render it in 3D, and probably ini the future i will get a program to analyse the video trough vectorial points to determinate the movement (i have to do movement analisys)....
Well i dont know if u are understanding what i need so i will try to explain better:
I need a computer to analyse movement in a field of football, i need to analyse all the movements from the players and create a data base from that data. I capture the image from a high point that catches the hole field. Then i need to see if the players touch the ball with right or left foot....u know all the data! Very Happy
So for all of that please can u advice me in what kind of machine should i invest, Pc or Mac? Program to use, Vegas or another one....
And by the way i bought already a LCD Samsung 26" to work in HDV but maybe i need something else?
Please tell me everything i need to use to work in this.
I thank you in advance, and i hope to read about u in the future Smile

Luis Pinto

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Re: Hdv Worksation
on Jun 30, 2006 at 10:34:06 pm

If you are looking for a single physical cpu machine then you want Intel. I would plan on building a config around atleast having the ability to upgrade to the Conroe after it releases in July. The Rev 3 Intel 975 boards support the conroe as well as the Asus P5W DH Deluxe. I would look for a config as follows:

Intel 950 3.4 GHz dual core chip

Intel rev 3 975xBX or Asus P5W DH mobo

4 GB DDR 2 800 Ram

Highpoint 2320 PCIE Raid controller

4x Seagate 16m 7200 Sata2 Hdd in Raid 0 - for Source (digitizing)
4x Seagate 16m 7200 Sata2 Hdd in Raid 0 - for Render (editing/rendering)

PNY Quadro FX 1500 with breakout cable(Dual Link DVI, Composite, component, HD out)

-Onboard or M-Audio Revolution 7.1 for base audio monitoring
-Presonus Firebox or Focus Right Saphire for base Pro audio input/output for audio tracks
-RME Fireface 800 for the highend audio interface for audio digitizing and monitoring

DeckLink Extreme for true uncompressed SD & HD 10bit 4:2:2 for digitizing into your workstation. Truly an excellent multi format card for the price with uncompressed quality.

DVD Writer I would just look at a Pioneer 111D

Win Xp Pro of course

NLE Software - Depending on what you are use to but out of what is around currently Adobe Production Studio 2.0 is a breath of fresh air compared to bug filled programs like Avid. Very easy to use, well orginized, interface is well designed for needed display info, and most importantly quality with compatibility. Adobe fully supports the DeckLink card which makes it a superior upgrade to Avid HD Express Pro with the Mojo. Next after Adobe I would recommend Sony Vegas 6.0D with DVD architect. This program has more pro-audio support and editing than any other NLE software and also fully supports Decklink. If you are editing serious audio tracks with your projects then Vegas is the way to go.

If you are looking for a physical Multi cpu system then the AMD Opteron system is by far superior to the Zeons. I would recommend the following config:

2 Opteron 270 up to 285 dual core chips

Tyan 2895 workstation board NForce 4 chipset

4 GB DDR 400 ECC Reg (4 sticks - 2 for each cpu)

Highpoint 2320 PCIE Raid controller

4x Seagate 16m 7200 Sata2 Hdd in Raid 0 - for Source (digitizing)
4x Seagate 16m 7200 Sata2 Hdd in Raid 0 - for Render (editing/rendering)

PNY Quadro FX 1500 with breakout cable(Dual Link DVI, Composite, component, HD out)

-Onboard or M-Audio Revolution 7.1 for base audio monitoring
-Presonus Firebox or Focus Right Saphire for base Pro audio input/output for audio tracks
-RME Fireface 800 for the highend audio interface for audio digitizing and monitoring

DeckLink Extreme for true uncompressed SD & HD 10bit 4:2:2 for digitizing into your workstation. Truly an excellent multi format card for the price with uncompressed quality.

DVD Writer I would just look at a Pioneer 111D

Win Xp Pro of course

NLE Software - Depending on what you are use to but out of what is around currently Adobe Production Studio 2.0 is a breath of fresh air compared to bug filled programs like Avid. Very easy to use, well orginized, interface is well designed for needed display info, and most importantly quality with compatibility. Adobe fully supports the DeckLink card which makes it a superior upgrade to Avid HD Express Pro with the Mojo. Next after Adobe I would recommend Sony Vegas 6.0D with DVD architect. This program has more pro-audio support and editing than any other NLE software and also fully supports Decklink. If you are editing serious audio tracks with your projects then Vegas is the way to go

Hope that helps some.
Thank you for your time
Eric-ADK

Return to posts index

Luisp3nt4
Thanks for the answer!
on Jul 25, 2006 at 7:22:30 pm

I was thinking something similar to the dual operaton that u descrived with the exception of the nvidia....i was going for the matrox rt.x2. Im your opinion witch one is better for this work?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]