FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture error?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
guythepro
Capture error?
on Mar 14, 2005 at 12:35:22 pm

Hi guys - new guy here with a hopefully simple question.

I've got an Adaptec VideoH! DVD USB 2.0 capture device and recently captured video from a DVR using the software which came with the capture device (MyDVD). This is how it looks when I play it in WINAMP, Windows Media Player, and DIVX player:

Can anyone tell me what may have happened?

Here's some more info. The video is a 4.5gig MPEG-2 6mbps file without any codecs and has not been processed except by MyDVD during the capture. My rig is an Athlon 1000mhz with 384mb pc133 ram, an nVidia Gfore 5600ultra graphics card and a Sony DVD burner capable of Double Layer. Now, with MyDVD I edited out the commercials and burned the video to dvd. When I play it, the picture is completely clear (unlike on my system), however it seems to be jumpy, as if the fps is lower at various times. It would appear to me that somehow the mpeg was not captured correctly. Any tips?

--
Guy Pro

Return to posts index

guythepro
Re: Capture error?
on Mar 16, 2005 at 3:47:54 am

I may have found a solution for this without having to recapture. I learned of something called de-multiplexing which separated the video from the audio. So all I have to do is de-multiplex and then re-multiplex and it fixes the problem.

--
Guy Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]