FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dell or HP Editing workstations?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Slimcorn82
Dell or HP Editing workstations?
on Jun 20, 2006 at 1:20:44 am

I'm looking at getting either a Dell or an HP workstation. For editing HDV from my JVC Gy-HDU100 HD Cam. I like to shoot in 24P alot. I also was looking into getting AVID.
I was wondering what others expierence was with either of these workstations. Which was is better in you opinon? I know Dell just came out with those Precision workstations so maybe people have not yet tried the newer models...
If there are better workstations out there I would like to hear of them.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Slimcorn82
Re: Dell or HP Editing workstations?
on Jun 20, 2006 at 1:33:18 am

How do either of these two compare with Turnkey Products? Is turnkey more efficent when editing with Adobe?

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
on Jun 20, 2006 at 2:46:54 pm

I don't think anyone will tell you .. you can't purchase a HP or Dell workstation. BUT it is not the most ideal way for getting an NLE computer.

Turnkey are the smartest way (if you are not building one of your own). Turnkeys are built and tested so they have no problems. (Or I hope so)

hope that helps answer your question

Return to posts index

Slimcorn82
on Jun 21, 2006 at 8:44:27 pm

So I think I am going to get AVID. Also I have heard that certain companies make good turnkey workstations approved by avid. Anyone have a good expierence or a good site that they got a workstation from? Any recomondations on a certain system?

Return to posts index

Slimcorn82
on Jun 21, 2006 at 8:54:03 pm

Having looked through ALienware workstations I think I'm gonna go with them. Anyone have good expierences with HDV editing with avid and alienware? Or bad ones?

Return to posts index

John-Peter Balas
on Jun 24, 2006 at 10:10:28 pm

Look at http://www.boxxtech.com-

They build some pretty sweet rigs
and are also used by a lot of industry pro's.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]