FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burning 5 movies on 1 DVD using NERO

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bionickamikaze
Burning 5 movies on 1 DVD using NERO
on Jun 16, 2006 at 6:38:03 am

I was wondering because I have always used NERO 6 Express as my main burning software. I have also always burned movies I have downloaded and am able to fit 5 to 6 movies unto 1 dvd (4.7gig) These files are about 700mb each and are in .avi format. I burn these files to a dvd by (DATA) dvd.

My question is does NERO compress the actual file to the point where the video quality is reduced because of fitting 5 movies unto 1 dvd? Does it actually affect the quality of the file in any way?

I was wondering because I recently upgraded to NERO 7 Ultra Edition, and it has allot more features than 6. Like for example I can actually make a real DVD-Video from an .avi file. It actually makes the .nfo .vob files i guess it converts the .avi to dvd basically. I have noticed by burning in this way it only fits 1 .avi movie that is 700mb and claims it to be 4.6gig.

So if I burn using (DATA) method and not DVD-Video, I can fit 5 or 6 700mb .avi files that can playback on most dvd players anyways, but if it compresses the file and degrades the quality of the file than I rather not use (DATA) and just store 1 .avi movie as DVD-Video method. So if anyone could clear this up for me I would really appreciate it.

p.s The file after I burn it using DVD -DATA is still the same 700mb. Maybe its all in my head that the video quality changed compared to the original played on my hardrive. (These are movies that I have downloaded not from actual DVD movies)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Elhanna
I wouldn't Think So.
on Sep 16, 2006 at 12:46:09 am

Because the file in it's entirety is 700mb, so if shows up in your data DVD as 700mb then it's not possible to loose quality since it's the same size. Why if making it a DVD movie does it take up 4.7GB, I think it's the program itself that does it when converting the files, maybe it indicates 700mb to be 4.7 GB, u know what I mean, because if you DVD shrink, you would realize that the shrinking of many video files to fit the DVD-movie is quite minimal.

Return to posts index

Elhanna
Also...
on Sep 16, 2006 at 1:25:40 am

How did you get your DVD player to play DATA movies. It's in DATA format, so how does it read it...I don't get it. Did you have to program your DVD player? What is the DVD player that you have?
Thanx
Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]