FORUMS: list search recent posts

Liquid Vaporizer

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nichchr
Liquid Vaporizer
on Jun 12, 2006 at 5:06:57 pm

I'm wondering if you built your LV system yet, and if so, would you suggest any changes? I'm looking to spend about $2500 for my next box (Intel), so if there are any additional suggestions or upgrades you think would be useful, it'd be very welcomed!

Also, in the DIY articles, it'd be nice if you provided links to the products you guys sell...I'd like to purchase as many of the parts as possible from this site. Just a thought.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

r1elkins
Re: Liquid Vaporizer
on Jun 16, 2006 at 7:35:41 pm

I also had a couple questions about the LV's configuration. Why did you decide to use Intel's processor instead of AMD's? You said the AMD won in the benchmark tests, so why not use the AMD in the LV system? One more question...why use dual video cards? Is it necessary for video editing? Sorry if these are stupid questions, I'm new to most of this. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Liquid Vaporizer
on Jun 16, 2006 at 8:50:28 pm

The Vaporizer has not yet been built. At the time of the DIY4 article AMD was kicking Intels butt. Intel witht eh new Conroe chips are making a big comeback. I've been following the reviews and so far theya re very positive.

I'll be building the LV over the summer. Probably end of July. It's for me personally, so I'll probably go a littel over the top on the case and some other areas.

I will keep you guys posted.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]