FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony DCR DVD 505 and Video Redo or Wombles mpeg wizard?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vicks
Sony DCR DVD 505 and Video Redo or Wombles mpeg wizard?
on Jun 10, 2006 at 12:11:20 pm

I have posted before and continue to read and google. I have come up with suggestions about both of these programs and wonder out of the 2 which would be the most user friendly since the use of my camcorder after the kids have left will be substantially less and thus will editing.

I have read some about Womble and MPEG 2 but not yet Video Redo. When one purchases either can you get the option to buy the CD as well??

Also any suggestions as to where is the best place to purchase price wise as I am here in Canada, I presume it to be online; but what site?
Any other suggested programs as I have now ruled out Vegas Movie Studio and Pinnacle 10.5 the new version though in other forums I have had good feedback on the Pinnacle 9.

Since I use my Hauppauge unit the win tv pvr usb2 to convert my classics video library to Dvd via my external BenQ I external burner with Ulead Movie Factory 4 and do it in the BenQ I "dvd ROM exe', and I am pleased with the quality of the dvd's created that is all I am really looking for in Quality and then of course for the camcorder editing I would like an easy application to add music, do fades, titles and scripts.

I was able to do editing quite easily and confidently with my old Hi 8 Sony camcorder and editor, both of which have been in the closet for some years now since it is too hard to find batteries and and film and I dislike running around when I do locate a store that still has them.

And needless to say I want to get a more uptodate reliable recorder, I ghave gotten a lot of comments that are not too good about the CMOS chip in the Sony 505 and some references to looking at the Panasonic 3 CCD Mini DVD Camcorder???

Thought the latter has a lower camera pixel rating that is not important to me, however the price is about the same for both of the cameras up here in Canada. And I have been unable to locate the lux on the 505 but have found the lux in 2 reviews as 12 on the Panasonic.

One of my pet peeves about almost all of the camcorders is their lack of an ear jack for an external microphone which is something I used a lot with my older Hi 8 and my zoom microphone. Especially at work and other large family gatherings.

I look forward to comments. ( I still have time to take this camera back, but I still don't want an AVI and want to best mini dvd camcorder available)

Cheers and Best Regards.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]