FORUMS: list search recent posts

External Monitor for Premiere Pro 2.0?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aldogott
External Monitor for Premiere Pro 2.0?
on Jun 7, 2006 at 7:37:17 am

Hi, everyone. I'm a loyal customer of Video Guys. I purchased my first Pinnacle DV-500 editing system from here. In fact, I purchase two of them.

Anyway. I finally upgraded to Premiere Pro 2.0. As you know, it does NOT work with the DV-500 hardware, so I have basically lost my EXTERNAL MONITOR which the DV-500 provided for me.

How can I set up an external monitor for Premiere Pro 2.0? I have used my VX2000 camera, but it feels like it is about a second behind. Plus, I HATE having to plug in my camera and unplug it every time I have a shoot. I want to just run a cable to my monitor and get it done with.

Someone told me that generic DAZZLE box would do the trick. Is this true? Is there something else I can use?

I was also thinking of buying a consumer DVD-R recorder, one that you put on your tv top. I was thinking of running my firewire cable to that, then using the analog/composite or s-video outputs to my tv set.

Can someone please tell me the best way to set up an EXTERNAL MONITOR (using a regular tv set with composite and s-video inputs) for Premiere Pro 2.0?

I would REALLY appreciate it! Thank you so much! Smile

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: External Monitor for Premiere Pro 2.0?
on Jun 7, 2006 at 11:58:14 pm

check out the PNY Quadro FX540Pro Video or the new FX1500 Pro Video graphics cards. http://www.videoguys.com/PNY.html

These PCIe graphic cards give include a breakout box for rela-time analog playback fromt he timeline!

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]