FORUMS: list search recent posts

I'm so gren, I grow in the rain

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian
I'm so gren, I grow in the rain
on Jun 3, 2006 at 10:30:07 am

I came here because it would appear you guys know what you're talking about.

If anyone has a clue I would appreciate the help.
Shocked
HP Pavilion a465w 412 RAM, Altheon 300 running 2.1 Gtz. This machine has a DVD burner C writer combo.

When I put in a blank CD-r to copy music, running 1-Click DVD software and Copy to DVD software, I get "Put in an Optical disk." message or "No disk in machine''when of course there is.

HP has a asoftware update HP said I needed to load. I did and boy did that make it worse.

Now I can't load someting off the net to my hard drive and send it to the CD for writing. The system fails sto see a disk at all.

Secondly, I was told some months back to be sure and "Formate "the 4.7 gb cd before recording on them. i bleived thy arefer to making the CD ready to write. Where do I get that format code? If I try to write without it it will say CD not formated"'I know kthis stuff is beneith you guys but n one one in the lay-world, even Geek Wannabe's will give it a stab. Any ideas. Keep in mind I was interactive with a H p software engineer today and even though he knew I was uing new cd's out of the box he never once mentioned the new disks had to be formatted.

Do thaty? Do DVD r+W and DVD r-W? Where do I get the format code?

Thanks in advance.
Julian Boone
tweetledum@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]