FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help: I don't understand a term "Broadcast bumper&

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven
Need help: I don't understand a term "Broadcast bumper&
on May 30, 2006 at 2:00:40 am

Hi all,

English isn't my mother language, so I don't understand the term "Broadcast bumper" in the below phrase:

Fast handling of multiple graphic and video layers in real-time preview is another example of Aura's productivity advantage. Given a multi-layered broadcast bumper and a client with a need for a quick change, an Aura user can update the order of the layers in seconds with a few simple and quick click-and-drag movements, see the result instantly, and be ready right then to go to tape or broadcast. With most other software a user would need twenty minutes to make the change and have the rendered result ready to use.

(http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/02-05-16-a.html)

Please explain the term to me?

Thank you,
Steven.

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
Re: Need help: I don't understand a term "Broadcast bumper&
on Jun 6, 2006 at 8:06:39 pm

Steven--

The broadcast bumper is the animation/transition used to either go from one story to another or going to/coming back from commercial. You can see the best examples on FOX news when they go to commercial or quickly change stories. The graphics change and introduce the new content. Regular television stations also do this when coming back from commercial---for example you may see a TBS spot about other shows that air on the channel just before the scheduled program returns from commercial. That is a broadcast bumper.

Q

Return to posts index

Steven
Re: Need help: I don't understand a term "Broadcast bumper&
on Jun 15, 2006 at 1:35:23 am

ok, I got it. Many thanks for ur support.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]