FORUMS: list search recent posts

A-B Section Dubbing in Any DVD Recorder?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dcornibe
A-B Section Dubbing in Any DVD Recorder?
on May 25, 2006 at 1:11:06 pm

I'm gonna basically post verbatim what I sent in an email to Videoguys' Sales department:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any such standalone DVD recorder on the planet that will allow for the following:

- Take a title that has been recorded directly on built-in HDD, define an A-B segment of that title WITHOUT erasing the rest of the title (i.e., make a "subclip" in Avid editing terms), then dub only that segment to a DVD (the built-in DVD portion of the recorder)?

What we are looking to do is, we regularly record the local TV newscasts from cable. We have four VHS machines right now, one for each of the local broadcast channels. My idea for my boss was to replace the old worn VHS machines with DVD recorders that have built-in hard drives. In most cases we would only timer record to the hard drives and then erase the drives when they fill up (every two weeks, every month, or whenever according to capacity). But before we erase the drives, if a client happens to request a copy of a news story, we burn that story to DVD and give it to them. That's pretty much the concept we've gone under with the VHS. We have a routine of recording all the newscasts, just in case someone asks for a story, but if no one requests, then we erase and recycle the tapes. At least with the HDD/DVD recorder, most of the time we could save media and have higher quality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, does anyone know of such a DVD recorder by any manufacturer?

Dale

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]